Monday, March 29, 2010

Poop EVERYWHERE!!!

I don't know how it happened or how it happened so quickly...I was in the process of feeding Ava and asked Nate to burp her and change her diaper while I ran upstairs to brush my teeth before switching sides during her feeding. Within five minutes Nate was running upstairs and said that he needed more diapers. As soon as he got back downstairs I heard, "There is s*** everywhere!". I go running downstairs to see what is going on and sure enough, there was poop Everywhere. Poor Ava was in the bassinet, there were three dirty diapers on the window sill and the one she had on was covered in poop. There was poop that had been shot onto the side of the bassinet, onto the blanket that lays over the bassinet, and it appeared as though the foot of her pj's had been sitting in a pool of poop and then somebody had painted her back, stomach, and legs with poop. I felt so bad for the little thing. I wanted to take a picture because it was so unreal, but I think Nate may have killed me (he didn't find the whole situation very amusing). I took her upstairs to clean her up and had to laugh. Somehow Nate had poop all over the outside of the diaper, but the inside was perfectly clean. Honestly, I don't know what happened in those short few minutes but I hope we don't have a repeat anytime soon. It made for a lot of laundry.

As for our weekend, Ava and I hung out together Friday evening while Nate went and watched basketball and played cards/shuffle board with the boys. Sat. morning I got to run to the mall to finish up some errands while Nate watched Ava. That afternoon our friends Kim, Eliott, and Eliott's parents came over to meet Ava. It was so good to see them again. They live in Caledonia and we don't get to see them much beyond their annual Labor Day Bash and a few times here and there throughout the year. We thank them for the visit and are so glad that they got to meet Ava. Saturday evening we went out for dinner with Uncle Wes and Grandma and Grandpa Veldman to celebrate my birthday. We went to La Grolla in St. Paul which is one of my favorite places. It was so yummy! Ava was well behaved and loved up by Grandma and Uncle Wes.

Sunday we headed off to church in the morning and then went over to Grandma and Grandpa Veldman's for lunch. Grandpa watched Ava while Grandma and I ran to the jewelry store to get my birthday gift. We got home just in time, as Ava had another blow-out (I feel like I should wrap the poor thing in plastic to save her clothes). She was so wide awake after lunch and even shared a few smiles. She's been smiling a lot more and I just love it!

Today was pretty low key. We made a trip to Target (I'll post a picture later this week of what we bought Ava) and were able to go out for a nice walk. I even wore shorts! Tomorrow is supposed to be around 70 degrees. I can't wait! Tomorrow evening we'll be having dinner with some of the girls from my work. Ava can't wait to see Molly again and meet Beth and Karina. We are looking forward to it!

Tomorrow morning Grandma is coming over to watch Ava. I have been having some blurry vision in my right eye since last Thursday and it's kind of freaking me out (I really enjoy looking at Ava and don't really want to go blind in my right eye). Nate was unable to get off work so Grandma was kind enough to rearrange her work schedule so she can watch Ava while I go to my appointment. Thank you SOOOO much Grandma!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment