Monday, March 15, 2010

Weekend

We had a very busy weekend with lots of visitors here to see Ava. Erin & Kevin came up from Des Moines on Friday evening and spent the night with us. Luckily Ava had a good evening and wasn't fussy all night long. Nate reffed on Sat. morning and then Nate (Voight), Meredith, and Jackson came to visit in the afternoon. Grandma and Grandpa Veldman came over to see them and Ava as well. Jackson will be a year old at the end of May and is such a big boy. It's hard to believe that in less than a year Ava will be crawling around like that and standing (at least we hope she is). Sat. evening was another evening of fussiness. We got little sleep, and it didn't help that it was daylight savings time so we lost an hour. I'm wondering when my body is going to adjust to living on four hours of broken up sleep a night.

We got up and headed to church on Sunday morning. Of course I couldn't keep Miss Ava awake long enough to feed her. I'm assuming she was exhausted from crying for half the evening. We headed home after church and Matt and Kelly, Mo, and Uncle Wes came to visit. The boys watched the Gopher game while I snuck in a 30 minute nap. I was able to take a short walk around the block, it was absolutely beautiful out!!! I love the extra hours of daylight and am looking forward to more warm days so I can take Ava out.

Nate headed back to work this morning. I was up feeding Ava when he left for the gym. I felt bad sending him off to work. It was so nice that he was able to spend those first two weeks at home with us. They just went by way to quickly! I'm sure that he'll look forward to seeing his little girl when he gets home.


He'll also be greeted by my sister, Reece, and Zackery when he gets home. They are currently on their way up here from Des Moines to spend a few days. Zackery will be meeting Ava for the first time, and Reece is evidently already in love with her as he wouldn't go to bed last night until he got to see her picture on the computer. It will be nice to see them all!



Well I should finish getting ready before Ava wakes up again. I need to take advantage of the time that she is sleeping. Hope that you are all able to get out and enjoy these nice warm days!

Taking a nap after church







1 comment:

  1. I just spent some time getting caught up on your blog and love all of the pictures of Ava and her family. Thanks for taking the time to post even when you have so many other things going on! I love the updates. I hope everything is going well-I promise, you will sleep again someday:)

    ReplyDelete