Thursday, March 25, 2010

4 Weeks Old

Another week has already passed and Ava is now 4 weeks old (this sounds younger than 1 month to me so I like to use weeks). She is growing so much. The past couple of days she has started to smile more. I look forward to more smiles and giggles, and her "talking" to us in the weeks to come. She loves her tummy time while looking at her book (red, black and white pictures). We try to do tummy time each morning. This morning I decided to try to prop her up on her boppy pillow to see how she liked that. Well, I ran upstairs to brush my teeth and when I came back down she started to cry and had face planted herself onto the floor. The little wiggle worm scooted herself up over the top of the pillow. I guess I really can't leave her alone! Poor little thing, I felt so bad! She has been very good today, meaning that she's actually been staying awake after her feedings. Hopefully this means that we'll have a restful night tonight.

Nate and I did go out for dinner and ran a few quick errands at the mall last night while Grandma Veldman came over to watch Ava. It's amazing how fast 2 1/2 hours goes when you go out to dinner. We are very grateful that she came over so that we could get away, and were happy to hear that Ava was a good little girl while we were gone. It's funny because I was so looking forward to getting away for just a little bit. However, the whole time that we were away we just thought about and talked about Ava. Boy has she changed our lives!!!

Cute little butt!
She looks so big sitting up without the help of any pillows here








No comments:

Post a Comment