Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Meeting new friends

Monday evening Ava got to meet her new friend Cora. Cora was born just a couple of weeks before Ava to our friends Mike & Kristi. So Monday evening our friends from Chicago, Joe & Amy, were in town visiting so the 5 of them came over to meet Ava (and maybe to see Nate and me as well?). It was so nice to see everybody, meet Cora, and catch up a little bit. The girls were in the swing and vibrating chair as we were having dinner. It was just kind of funny to determine who's child it was that was crying...I think that Ava might have beat Cora at the fussiness game. I've posted some pictures of the two of them. It may appear that they are not happy to see each other, but I think that they just show it in a funny way (screaming, crying on the floor). There is also a picture of Joe and Amy who look quite comfortable and happy holding two little girls...perhaps they will be next?!? :)

Tuesday morning we started out the day with bath time. It was very successful as it was the first time that Ava didn't pee or poop in the tub, and there were no tears. She seemed to kind of enjoy it. We headed down to the hospital around 11:30 to see some of my coworkers and introduce them to Ava. Well Ava made up for not peeing in the tub. Michelle was holding her and all of a sudden Laurie says, "What's dripping on the floor". That would be my daughter!!! Some how she had managed to pee so much that it was dripping out the side of her diaper, through her pants, on Michelle, and onto the floor. We wrapped her in a towel and off to the bathroom we went for a change of clothes and diaper. She and I then went to this "new connections" group offered at the hospital for new parents. It was kind of nice to hear what other people were going through and compare stories. At the end of the session we were able to weigh our babies. Miss Ava packed on the pounds over the past few weeks and now weighs in at 10 lbs 3 oz. I about died! I knew she went through a growth spurt but I didn't think it was that much. Ava continued on her wonderful streak of going through outfits. She had a massive "blow-out" after she was done eating. It went through her clothes and onto my jeans. So, outfit #3 for the day went on. Good thing she has a closet full of clothes!

Ava has decided for the past two nights that her new bedtime is going to be midnight. I'm really hoping that this doesn't last long because I am just exhausted. I was hoping for more like 10:30 (which she was doing previously). I'm working to get her on a schedule but she seems to have a mind of her own (I wonder where she gets that from). It is once again beautiful outside today so we were able to go for a walk this morning. She is now taking a nap so I should probably run and shower. It no longer seems odd to not shower until 2:00 in the afternoon.

Tonight Grandma Veldman is coming over to watch Ava so that Nate and I can go out to dinner for my birthday. We are not going anywhere fancy, but I am excited to get out, run some errands, and eat dinner with Nate without any interruptions. Hopefully Ava is a good girl while we are gone.


Getting ready for our walk today


All clean after bath time yesterday


Cora & Ava


Cora, Amy, Joe, & Ava




No comments:

Post a Comment