Monday, March 1, 2010

Ava's first outing

Ava had her first outing this afternoon. I thought it would only be appropriate that a girl's first outing be to the mall. She slept through the whole thing, which made it quite nice for Nate and me. Now hopefully she'll sleep tonight.

Grandma and Grandpa Becker left for Washington DC this morning so it's just Nate, Ava, and me tonight. I won't lie, I'm a little anxious. It's been very nice to be able to go to sleep and just wake up to feed her. I woke up at 3:00 this morning thinking, "wow, I can't believe she slept that long. I need to go and wake her up to feed her". Well I walked into her bedroom and there she sat in Grandpa's arms. He had been rocking her for 2 hours. I told her that we will not have a repeat performance of that tonight...we'll see what she thinks. Let's be honest, she's the one in control.

We have a home care nurse coming in the morning to check her weight and just check in on the two of us. Hopefully she's getting enough to eat, I'll be eager to see what they say.

Well I'm exhausted and have one more feeding before bedtime. Wish us luck tonight, I'm hoping to get some sleep (I'm a little worried about Nate too, he's not used to not sleeping). I'll try to post more pictures tomorrow.

PS-Thanks to Virg, Bruce, and Sara for coming up Sunday. It was a pleasant surprise to see you, and so nice of you to make the long trip from IA to just visit for the afternoon. Nate and I truly appreciate it, and are so grateful to everybody in my family who drove the 10 hours round trip to visit for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment