Monday, March 22, 2010

Meeting the Veldmans

Saturday was a big day for Ava. She got to meet the Veldman women at her baby shower in Bloomington. The "aunties" threw a wonderful shower and Ava finally got to meet them as well as "Nana" and many cousins. Thank you all for throwing the shower and for everybody who came. Ava was all dressed up in her party dress and was very well behaved as she was passed from person to person and adored. We got home that evening and relaxed with Daddy while we watched the UNI/Kansas game which was phenomenal! I think that I was actually more in to it than Nate was.


Sunday we headed off to church and then went over to Grandma and Grandpa Veldman's for lunch. They got a little snuggle time in with her before we left to run some errands to Target. Last night was another good night of sleep. She has been sleeping for about 4 hours straight, and then wakes up after 2 hours again. It's amazing how refreshed a person can feel after 4 hours of sleep! We can't complain, she has been very good for us with the exception of a few nights of what we believe were an upset tummy.


As I got Ava dressed this morning I became very sad. I put on the outfit that she came home from the hospital in...it's getting quite snug. Today will be the last day that she will be able to wear it. I just noticed yesterday how much her face is filling out, and her long legs actually have a little bit of fat on them. She barely fits on my lap anymore, as she is getting so long. I'm wondering how much she weighs. We are going to stop by the hospital tomorrow to say hi to the girls there and I might see if there is a place in the birth center where I can weigh her. My little pumpkin is getting so big so quickly!!!


Well I hear a little cry and it's once again feeding time!


This outfit was almost to big three weeks ago.


Look at those high waters.


Nana and Ava at the shower



Ava all dressed up and ready to go to her baby shower





No comments:

Post a Comment