Saturday, March 6, 2010

1st bottle

Ava was unfortunately introduced to the bottle this morning. She woke up at 6:00 am for a feeding. After an hour of trying to get her to latch on I was in tears and extremely frustrated. I decided to just pump and had Nate try to give it to her via the bottle. She sucked it right down! I told her not to get used to it because that was hopefully a one time occurance for quite awhile. I was hoping to not introduce the bottle until she was 3 or 4 weeks old. Once again I am reminded that I'm not totally in control. There is now another princess living in this house! :)

Ava had her first photo shoot today. She was a rock star once she finally got a full belly and a clean diaper. Our friend Ang (angelacourtneyphotography.com) came over to the house for Ava's 1 week pictures (actually 9 days, but that's the soonest we could get her). We are anxious to see them and share them with everybody. Below are the pictures of her when she really was one week old.

Tomorrow is going to be a full day. Grandma and Grandpa Becker fly in from Washington DC and we're going to pick them up at the airport after church. We'll see if we can get to church on time now that we have a newborn. I feel like the mornings fly by on a normal day, so hopefully we can get some sleep and be up and out of the house by 8:45 am. Grandma & Grandpa will come over for lunch and then head back to IA tomorrow afternoon. Grandma & Grandpa Veldman and Uncle Wes are planning on coming over as well. Hopefully there will be time for a nap at some point. The days have been flying by with little time for naps...I'm not sure where all the time goes (I feel like most of it goes to breastfeeding).











No comments:

Post a Comment