Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The weekend

We had a very nice weekend at home. Saturday Ang came over and took Ava's pictures, I posted some of them below so that you can have a sneak peak. She looks so precious (of course I'm a bit biased). If I could I would have her pictures taken daily. I just don't want to forget these days where she is so little. I know that the days to come will be fun and exciting though too, as she will begin to interact more. But right now I just love holding my little angel and enjoying all her little fingers, toes, her mouth, nose, etc.

Sunday morning we ventured out to church, which we did make on time. Grandma Veldman and Uncle Wes made sure that she wasn't neglected and held her the whole time wrapped up nice and warm in her blanket. After church Nate, Ava, and I headed to the airport to pick up Grandma and Grandpa Becker as they returned home from DC. We went back to our place where both sets of grandparents and Uncle Wes were so that we could have lunch and visit. It was nice to see Grandma & Grandpa Becker again, even if it was for just a few hours. They love to snuggle her! We'll be looking forward to seeing them again at Easter.

Today we will be heading to the Dr. for another weight check. The feedings have been going much better the past 24 hours. Ava seems to figure out how to latch on much quicker, which makes feedings go much more quickly and smoothly. She's constantly wet and dirty, which makes me believe that she's getting enough food. Yesterday we had our first "blow out" which was quite a mess and not very lady like. At least we know her bowels are working I guess. She slept like a champ last night, from 10:40-2:15, and then back up again at 5:45. I hope that this continues!!!

That's all for today. Thanks for checking in on us. I hope that you enjoy the pictures as much as I do!











No comments:

Post a Comment