Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Work, work, work

I apologize for the lack of updates over the past week. I had only Friday off last week, and then worked my 12 hr weekend and then an evening shift again last night. Needless to say, Ava has gotten some quality time with Grandma, Daddy, and even Grandpa. That's right, Grandpa called yesterday to inform us that the "B team" (aka himself) would be coming to watch Ava while Grandma worked late. Despite the fact that he hasn't changed a diaper in over 20 years, he did a great job and Ava had lots of fun.

There isn't a whole lot new to report. Like I said, I worked a lot so we didn't have a lot of outings. I was hoping to get out of the house today with her, but it is so miserably hot and humid. We're supposed to go over to a neighbor's house tonight for National Night Out, but I think Nate is a bit hesitant due to the weather. The ice cream at the social won't stay cold for too long.

Nate and I were able to go out Friday evening to my friend Molly's BBQ. It was our first evening of being away from Ava and not putting her to bed. Grandma and Grandpa watched her. She did just great. I always worry because I want her to be good for everybody. She's usually just fine as long as she gets her naps, and of course her food! The little turkey has been quite interested in food. I usually put her in her entertainment thing while I eat lunch. She'll turn herself around and just stare at me and chomp her lips together while I eat. She looks at me with those beautiful eyes and makes me feel so guilty for eating, as if saying, "I would REALLY like a bite". She's currently getting cereal just at night. Once she turns 6 months old then we'll start her on more foods. She's obviously not starving (see thighs).

I Love that smile!!!
My little ruffle butt

Ava loves being outside and feeling the breeze blow through her hair (the little that she has left)


Ava playing with "Glow Seahorse"

Ava and Snoopy (Nate's stuffed animal when he was little)


We never know what position we will find Ava in when she gets up. She's been getting her legs stuck in the sides of the crib. This morning she woke up with her head at the foot of her crib. I'm debating whether or not to put the bumper pads back on (so her legs don't keep getting stuck). I'm still so paranoid about SIDS or her sufficating though.

She looks so old here

No comments:

Post a Comment