Thursday, August 12, 2010

Heat Wave

It has been unbelievably hot here this week. A walk to the mailbox is about as far as we get before breaking out into a sweat, so we've been indoors all week. I've already called and made a reservation for Ava in the daycare at the gym tomorrow morning so that I can get out and actually get a little physical activity. With the intense heat comes some pretty intense storms. Luckily we haven't had to be out driving in them, and luckily Ava is a good sleeper and sleeps through them. Nate even woke up the other night, so I knew it was pretty bad. :)

Today we got out of the house for awhile. We went to Ava's daycare that she'll be starting on Monday to drop off her diapers, extra clothes, etc. I'm really concerned about her getting her naps. She is so scheduled here at home, and when she doesn't get her naps she gets quite cranky. The nap room at the daycare is open to the play room, so I'm really worried that she won't be able to sleep, or won't just put herself to sleep like she does here at home. There was this little girl squealing at the top of her lungs today. All I could think of was her doing that when Ava was trying to sleep, and my poor baby being jolted awake by that little brat screeching (ok, I know she's probably not a little brat, but I don't want her to disturb my little angel). I hope that her first day goes well. I think that Monday will be harder for me than my first day back to work. At least when I went back to work I knew that Ava was at home and getting one on one attention and love from Grandma, and able to stay in her normal routine. I know that she'll get good care, I just want the transition to go smoothly. I don't want her to feel like I'm abandoning her.

After going to the daycare we hit up a garage sale and found Ava a couple of shirts for this fall/winter. Yes, I've become a big fan of garage sales for baby clothes. Then we headed over to see Kristi and Cora for a play date. Cora was such a good girl, smiling and so happy (especially for just getting her shots). She was even nice enough to share her toys with Ava. Ava on the other hand did not even flash Cora a friendly smile. She was being kind of snobby...we're going to have to talk about that. At one point I thought she was leaning over to give Cora a big hug...instead she grabbed onto her shirt and poor Cora started crying. Ava then sat there and tried to look all innocent. Kristi made a lovely lunch for us to eat, and then Ava decided that she needed a nap and it was time to leave. Thank you so much for having us again Kristi. We look forward to the next time!

We have a big weekend ahead of us. Aunt Lisa is flying in from Boston tomorrow, and Uncle Brent and Cousin Reece are driving up from Des Moines. After Lisa lands and Nate gets home from work we'll be heading up to the cabin for the weekend. I'm really hoping for nice weather so that we can be out on the lake. It will be great to spend time with them! We're wishing Aunt Lisa a very Happy Birthday today...we can't wait to see you!

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!


Ava giving Cora the stiff arm

Ava & Cora (after Ava made her cry)

No comments:

Post a Comment