Monday, August 23, 2010

Dumb hackers!

I apologize that we haven't had an update on here for a week now. I've spent quite a few hours on this computer trying to get rid of a virus that attacked it last Wednesday. It frustrates me beyond belief that these "hackers" have nothing better to do with their time than infect other people's computers with viruses that waste hours and hours of my time. With a little assistance from my brother-in-law I finally got rid of the darn thing. So, we are back! However, we're leaving town Wednesday so there won't be a lot of updates this week.

Let's see, a recap of last week...Day number 2 went well at daycare. She still fought her morning nap and blew out her adorable outfit, but it was reported to me that she had a good day. I worked Wednesday evening so Nate worked a half day and hung out with Ava. Thursday Ava and I ran some errands in Maple Grove. We had to stop at Edelweiss Baby for her adorable head band to go with her ruffle butt for her pictures tomorrow. That's right, Ava has her 6 month pictures tomorrow. It's hard to believe that she'll be half a year old on Wednesday. My sweet baby girl is growing too quickly!!!

Ava had a busy weekend while I was at work. I worked my 12 hour days this weekend, so I didn't get to see her awake at all...that's very hard! Nate had to work Saturday morning so Cheryl came over to watch Ava. We are so blessed to have her watch Ava on these Saturday mornings when both Nate and I work. She takes Ava for walks, plays toys, and loves her up like she's her own. Thank you so much Cheryl for watching her!!! Saturday afternoon Nate took Ava down to a hotel near the Mall of America. Grandma and Grandpa Becker were up here visiting on their annual ball trip. They were very excited to see both Nate and Ava. I hear that Ava was a very good girl.

Sunday Daddy and Ava went to church and then went for lunch with John, Cheryl, and Jonathan. They had Chipotle while I was at work eating a Lean Pocket...hardly seems fair. :) That evening Grandma Veldman, Uncle Wes, and Sarah came over to play with Miss Ava and then had dinner. It was great to see Sarah again, even if it was for only a short while. We're hoping to see her again when she's back next month.

Today was our first day of "vacation". Ava must have been exhausted from this weekend because she slept quite a bit. We didn't get out of the house until 1:00 this afternoon. We had some errands to run. I was finally able to get a massage this morning. It was the most painful, and much needed massage I've had in a very long time. It's been about 8 months since I last had one and I could tell!!!

It's back to work for me tomorrow. I have to attend a sort of self defense class for work. So it's another Daddy and Ava day. Then it's pictures tomorrow evening. I'm hoping that she'll give us at least a few of her smiles while Ang is here. Ava has a tendency to be quite stoic in front of the camera.

We'll have lots of pictures for you when we return from Iowa. Hope that this finds you all doing well. Thanks for checking in with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment