Saturday, August 7, 2010

Ava has been spending quite a bit of quality time with Grandpa V this week. He came over and watched Ava on Monday (with the help of Grandma later in the evening), and then covered for Grandma again on Thursday while I went to work. He completed his first diaper change in 20 some years, and it was reported to me that he even put it on the correct way. Way to go Grandpa!

I decided that after 5 months away from the gym I should probably start going again. I have been holding off because I didn't want to put Ava in the daycare there (even though I added her to our membership and am paying the monthly fee for daycare there). So on Tuesday I took the leap. I know, it's silly considering that it's only 2 hours and I am Upstairs!!! It felt very good to work up a sweat and have some time to myself. She did great at the daycare, but missed her 11:00 nap so she was asleep before we even got to the car.

We learned today the importance of Ava getting her naps. Ava took her first trip to the Farmer's Market today. We went to the one in St. Paul since it was raining and it is covered (unlike the one in Minneapolis). We got there around 9:15, and Ava's nap time is 9:00. I figured that she would fall asleep in the car on the way home, but she didn't. We had a meltdown after about half an hour at the market. She fell asleep on the way home, but didn't sleep long. She has been cranky for most of the day. The rain cleared out by early afternoon so we decided to take Ava to the pool at the gym after her 1:00 nap. She loves being outside so we thought she might enjoy it. She seemed indifferent about the whole experience. She didn't cry, but didn't smile or get too excited either. The pool felt great to Nate and me. Even if Ava didn't have a fabulous time, she looked adorable...and let's be honest, that's an important thing! :)

Tomorrow morning we'll be heading off to church and then running a few errands. It's Ava and Daddy time tomorrow evening, as I picked up an evening shift. I'm hoping that it will be better than my last shift which was pretty crazy. I've been working in the ER lately and it's been unbelievably busy with very sick people. I'm really hoping for a calm night tomorrow.

I have to say, it's been very nice spending a weekend at home and not having to drive anywhere. I think it's the only weekend for the next 4 months that we don't have plans. Anyway,we hope that you are all having a wonderful weekend!



I love that smile!!!

It's hard to believe that she was so tiny in that carseat only 5 months ago.


Ava FINALLY got to use her highchair. After waiting for a missing part for 4 weeks, and spending much time on the phone and e-mailing GRACO, Ava got to eat her cereal in her own chair. Honestly, she didn't really care what chair she sat in as long as she got her cereal. I'm just glad that I don' t have a half assembled high chair on our kitchen floor anymore.

Getting ready to get in the pool (please note that her terry cloth shorts even match her swimsuit). Thanks for the outfit Great Grandma Schutterle!

Just chill'n in the pool. Nate says that all she needs is a cold drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment