Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Where did those rolls come from?

Where did those rolls come from? That is what I thought when I was giving Miss Ava her bath the other day. I swear that they were not there the day before. Our little girl is packing on the pounds. We went to the new parent's connection group today and she tipped the scale at 12 lbs 14 oz. That was with her diaper and clothes on, but it was a clean diaper and very light weight clothing. She has her Dr. appt. on Monday (at which time she'll be getting her immunizations) so we'll get an official weight then. I guess her double chin should have been a good indication that she's been gaining a bit. I guess I shouldn't worry if she's getting enough to eat when I nurse her.

We had a busy weekend. Saturday morning we headed over to Grandma & Grandpa Veldman's so that I could feed Ava before her shower. It was held at Terri's which is just a few doors down from Grandma & Grandpa's so that was very nice. The shower was wonderful. It was a small group of Grandma's friends and we had a wonderful time and got some very nice gifts. Ava slept soundly as she was adored by all the ladies. We made a short shopping trip after Ava had lunch and then I left her with Grandma so that I could go to a fundraiser being put on be a friend of mine to support her organization in Cameroon. Daddy returned home from the cabin not too long after I left and was able to feed her a bottle. Ava hung out with them for awhile and we all returned home by 9:30 so that I could feed her before her bedtime. She's still sleeping well, going down around 10:30 and getting up between 2:30 and 3:30, and then again around 6:30. Going to that support group makes me really appreciate what a good baby Ava is...we are SO lucky!!! Sunday was a pretty low key day. We went to church in the morning and then ran a few errands afterwards. We spent the afternoon at home and were able to go for a nice family walk and enjoy the beautiful weather. What a gorgeous weekend we had!

Grandma Veldman is coming over tomorrow afternoon to watch Ava so that I can once again go to the eye Dr. I don't think my eye is 100% back to normal but it is SO much better. I can actually read things with my right eye now. Other than that, we're just getting ready for baptism this weekend. We are very much looking forward to all the family that will be coming in to town to celebrate this very important day. We are blessed to have such a supportive family who is willing to make the long drive to be a part of Ava's life.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously?? You're going to do a post about her rolls and then not post accompanying pictures to back up those claims? Seriously?? I expect some roll-y pictures very soon. Love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad she is growing so much, I bet she is just the happiest little baby :) Also happy to hear your eye is much better!!!

    ReplyDelete