Friday, April 30, 2010

Iowa Bound

Yesterday Ava turned 9 weeks old. I didn't take any pictures yesterday, I was to busy changing her clothes. By the end of the day Ava had gone through three outfits. No wonder our water bill was more this past month! :) Yesterday we ran a couple of errands and then went to Maple Grove and met Grandma Veldman for dinner. We then went to the "Divas and Diamonds" party at Mark Michael's (jewelry store). Ava was so content and very happy. Daddy and any future man in her life could have a problem...she LOVED all the bright lights and pretty sparkly things. :) After the party we came home. I'm thinking that I never should have blogged about Ava's sleeping 8 hours straight through the night...she hasn't done it since. :) She still only gets up once a night so I shouldn't complain. However, I was just so hopeful when she did it two nights in a row. I know, the time will come when she does it consistently.

This afternoon we're going to go and pick up Daddy from work and then we're off to Des Moines for the weekend. Sunday is cousin Reece's birthday party. We are very much looking forward to seeing everybody and spending some time with them. We're going to hit up some garage sales tomorrow morning. For some reason this is very exciting to me now that I have a little girl. No, we are not above buying our little girl clothes at a garage sale! :) We also have a play date with Erin, Porter, and Magoo. Some of you may know Porter as "Drake's most beautiful bulldog" from last year. Well he now has a little brother Magoo whom we have not yet met. Erin, I can't wait to get some great pictures of our "kids" together. :)

We hope that you all have a wonderful weekend!

PS-Last Tuesday Ava weighed in at 13 lbs 9 oz at our group. Everybody who sees her asks how old she is and then says, "Wow, she's a big girl". I'm not sure how to take that...as long as they don't call her "husky" which is what an elderly resident called me when I was working at the nursing home in high school!

No comments:

Post a Comment