Thursday, April 22, 2010

8 Weeks = 2 Months

That's right, our little peanut turns 8 weeks old today. The time has gone so quickly, and I can't believe that I have to be back to work in less than a month now. Ava decided that she wanted to start celebrating her 8 week birthday early today. She was up at 3:30, and then again at 5:30. I then woke her at 7:30 to try to get her back on her schedule and so that Daddy could see her before he left for work. She was kind enough to share some smiles with him this morning, which got his day off to a great start. We are trying a new schedule as of yesterday which involves eating every 3 1/2-4 hours instead of every 3. She seems to be doing ok with it. She's been really sleepy in the mornings the past couple of days, I'm not sure what is up with that. She is usually much more awake in the evenings though...especially when we want to sit down and eat dinner! We've been trying to get her to sleep looking to her left since I am freaking out about her flat head. The little poop just won't do it. I've been reading info on it online and I'm hoping that with her increasing muscle strength in her neck that she will eventually not be on that side of her head all the time and it will correct itself (like most cases do supposedly). I just need her to cooperate during tummy time to strengthen those muscles. I'm going to pick up a beach ball at Target today to do tummy time on that. Otherwise when she is on the floor she gets lazy and just puts her head down.
I went to the eye Dr. yesterday and everything is now healed and back to normal. No more eye appointments! I'm so glad that it wasn't anything too serious. You don't realize how much you take your vision for granted until you have a problem with it. Thank you again to Grandma Veldman for watching Ava while I went to my appointment.
Today we're off to the mall and to run a few errands. We have Kari, Andy, Julia, and Brynn coming to visit tomorrow evening from Madison. We are excited to see them. We were hoping to go to the Gopher spring game on Saturday during the day, but it looks like rain and Ava and I are kind of fair weather fans.
One more thing, Ava wants to wish a big Happy Birthday to her biggest admirer...cousin Reece. Reece turns 2 today. We will be heading to Waukee in just over a week to help him celebrate. We're looking forward to seeing him and all the other family (just not the car trip). Happy Birthday Reece, we love you!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment