Friday, April 9, 2010

Locked Out

Yup, that's right. Ava and I got locked out of the house today. We have a lock key pad on our garage door that I always use when we go for walks. It was beautiful outside today so we headed out. For some reason I thought to myself, "I should take the garage door opener just in case that key pad doesn't work for some reason". Well I didn't because it has always worked in the past. We got back from a wonderful walk and I went to open the door...the key pad just flashed at me and the door did not open. I tried it for about 15 minutes and then finally got ahold of Nate at work. Luckily it was about lunch time so Ava and I hung out for another hour (thankfully she was sleeping) until Nate got home to let us in. Thanks Daddy for saving the day!!!


Another week has quickly passed and Ava turned 6 weeks yesterday. She is getting to be such a big girl. I'm anxious to see how much she weighs and how long she is. I'm hoping to go to that support group next Tuesday at the hospital so that I can weigh her. I had my 6 week postpartum check-up yesterday. Everything is great and the Dr. said I'm ready to have another baby...I think not! :) We stopped by and saw my boss to see about the date that I return to work, and stopped to see a few co-workers. I'm returning a week earlier than I had thought, I guess I'm scheduled the 20th. My boss said I could take more time off if I wanted, but I think I'll just go back. I need to save my vacation for later, and I can't just keep putting it off. Luckily Grandma Veldman has some time that she can take off of work and she has volunteered to watch Ava some of the days that I have to work. That will keep her out of daycare, save us money, give them time together, and allow me to call many times a day to see how she's doing since it will be my first time away from her for more than a few hours. :) We are very grateful that she's willing to do this!!!

Ava and Daddy got to spend a couple extra hours together on Wednesday. I had another eye appointment so Nate got off work an hour early and met me at the clinic to pick up Ava. My eye is improving but is not back to baseline. I have another appointment next week. Hopefully everything will be back to normal by then! Wednesday evening Uncle Wes and cousin Maggie came over to visit and have dinner. Ava was a bit fussy that night and wasn't real kind to her company. Mommy and Daddy enjoyed the company and appreciated them visiting. We hope that they come again soon, and hope that Ava is a little happier to see them.

We have a busy weekend planned yet again. Tomorrow morning Ava has another baby shower, her fourth and last one. We have been very blessed to have such generous and kind people in our lives that want to do these things for us. So, we will be having a "girls day" with Grandma Veldman and her friends while Daddy has a "guys days". He will be heading up to the cabin with Grandpa Veldman and Uncle Wes. They have more tile to take up and want to get the docks in the water. I don't think that the docks have ever been put in this early, the weather has been so warm. It will be great for Nate to see the cabin as well, neither of us have been up there to see it since they started the construction. I will be anxious to go up in May! Tomorrow evening I have a fundraiser to go to so Ava and Daddy will be on their own (with the help of Grandma and Grandpa Veldman most likely). Sunday morning we'll head to church and make some final arrangements for Ava's baptism which is only a week away. We are looking forward to seeing everybody who will be making the trip up here for this special occasion!


Below are Ava's 6 week pictures (as if you can't tell by the sign). She was a bit tired and not in the mood to take pictures so they aren't the best but I'm posting them anyway. They were taken after her bath, which Daddy gave her. It was his first time giving her a bath and he did very good. She seemed to enjoy it and was even nice enough to keep all bodily fluids inside!


Thanks for checking in. We hope that you have a wonderful weekend!


Daddy & Ava after bath time














No comments:

Post a Comment