Tuesday, January 22, 2013

13 wks

Well I survived my first week back to work, which included my 12 hour night shifts.  I was anxious to go back, not because I was worried about the kids but because I was worried about if I was going to remember everything that I need to know to do my job well.  My first shift back was in the ICU and it went very well.  It was nice to be greeted with lots of hugs and "welcome back" comments.  I work with some really great people!  I do still miss spending every day with the kids, but I'm sure that once I'm back for a while longer I'll get used to this.  It was nice because our sitter sent me a picture text of Grant and let me know that he was doing well.  I knew that he would, but I still spent the day thinking about him and wondering how he was doing.  It was the first day that he woke up and didn't see my face. 

The week was going well and then came Thursday night.  Grant starting sleeping through the night last Friday, and Thursday night he was up crying all night unless he was sleeping on me.  I planned on making a Dr. appt. for him Friday morning before I went to work, but that morning he appeared to be back to his normally self with smiles and all.  I got home from work about 12:30 am after working Friday evening and Nate was awake with a crying baby again.  Once again he was up all night unless he was sleeping on us.  I couldn't figure out what could be wrong with him except for an ear infection.  Crying at night was the only way that we ever knew that Ava had an ear infection.  So Saturday morning I made an appt. at or pediatrician's office and sure enough, Grant has his first ear infection in his right ear.   He's now on amoxicillin for 10 days and is once again sleeping through the night (thank God).  I felt bad for not taking him in Friday and putting him through another night of misery.  I'm just grateful that he's feeling better.

As I said before, I worked my 12 hr night shifts so Nate had the kids.  I was awake most of Saturday taking Grant to the Dr, etc so I was going off 2 hours of sleep when I went to work.  Luckily work was very busy that night so I didn't sit down all night and it went very quickly.  Ava had a sleep over at Mema & Boppa's Saturday night just in case Grant had another rough night.  Lucky for Nate, Grant slept all night long.  They all spent Sunday at church and then Mema & Boppa's while I slept.  Nate survived his first weekend alone with the kids.  We'll do it again in 3 weeks, only next time it will be day shifts.

 

Grant getting a little love from his sister. 
I know, he looks like a little sausage stuffed in this chair...but I love this little sausage!
13 weeks old today (wearing a 9 month outfit here, and I put a 12 month pair of pjs on him tonight which won't be fitting for to much longer)

No comments:

Post a Comment