Thursday, February 7, 2013

Here we go again...

First of all, I apologize...I don't know where the past two weeks have gone!  Sadly enough, I don't have a lot of pictures to share as I haven't had the camera out much.  I do have a few on the camera, but the ones below came from my phone.  I'll try to download the others maybe tomorrow evening. 

Now for the title of this post: Grant was supposed to go and have his three month old pictures taken yesterday.  Instead, Grant and I headed to the clinic so that he could be diagnosed with his second ear infection in a month.  So, we are now trying a Z-pack and hoping that clears up the infection.  Thankfully this kid eats whatever we put in his mouth so we don't have to fight him to take his medication.  For the past week or so he wasn't napping very well and just didn't seem quite as happy as normal.  Yesterday he started just screaming and he wouldn't stop.  That's when I decided we needed to cancel pictures and head to the clinic instead.  He was up at 2:00 this morning crying, but I got him down after about 45 minutes and he slept until 6:45.  Poor little guy.  He's now had two doses of his meds so I'm hoping that tonight is a quiet night, especially since I work tomorrow (and all weekend).  While we were at the clinic the pediatrician pointed out that his head is a bit flat on the right.  I noticed this about 2 days ago when looking at his head from behind.  I didn't think it was that bad, but obviously it is noticeable as the Dr. referred us to the cranio/facial clinic at Gillette's Children's Hospital.  So, Grant will have his eval and possible PT next Thursday.  I'm hoping that he'll just have to do a few sessions of PT and we can avoid a crani cap.  Ava had to go to PT for the same thing and responded well.   

Yesterday was a busy day.  Besides going to the clinic in the afternoon, I went to what will be Ava's preschool next year.  Mema came down to spend the day with the kids so that I could meet with the teachers at the preschool, as well as meet with a woman who is willing to do back-up childcare for us in case our provider, Cyndi, is ill or for some reason unable to watch the kids when we need her to.  I think that we will be very happy with the preschool that we got Ava into for next year.  I got a little emotional walking down the hallway seeing all the book bags and coats hanging.  I can't believe that my baby is old enough to go to "school".  I always wondered why mothers cried when their kids went off to their first day of kindergarten...now I get it.  I felt that way and it's only preschool! 

Speaking of Ava getting older, she will be 3 yrs old in just over 2 weeks.  I remember the day that she was born like yesterday.  It's amazing how quickly this time has gone.  She is no longer my baby, but rather a very opinionated, bright, loving, and strong willed little girl.  Although there are times that the whining wears on my nerves, I can't imagine my life without her.  She brings us so much joy and makes us laugh every day.  She talks everyday about the things that she's going to do when she "grows bigger" and we remind her every day not to grow to quickly. 

We are pleased to announce that after two months, our furniture has finally arrived.  Our living room is now almost complete (we decided to order another piece to our sectional to make it just a little bit bigger).  Nate went and picked out a media stand which he did a great job picking out.  And we now finally have a TV that you don't have to squint at to see when you're sitting on the couch.  Nate got his 60 inch TV, which is definitely a step up from our 37 inch TV that was filling (or rather Not filling) the space.  I'm starting to find some frames in boxes and hopefully this place will look like a home sometime soon. 

Other than that, nothing too exciting to report.  I'm off to work again this weekend.  Nate will be heading out Saturday evening for Uncle Wes and (Aunt) Janna's engagement party.  Auntie Lauryn gets to hang with the kids until I get home from work.  Ava is very excited!  Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

This is from two weekends ago when we went to TCF stadium for a family fun day.  I think that the highlight for Nate was the tour of the stadium which included the locker room.  I have to admit, it's quite impressive.  We had a great time spending the afternoon with Mema, Boppa, and Uncle Wes at the stadium.
Love this guy and those big cheeks!  A little side note, he weighed in at 17 lbs 5 oz yesterday, and was 27 inches long.  The Dr. projects he will be 6'4.  That should be tall enough to play basketball.  :)
Ava asked if she could hold Grant.  I said yes and she said, "now please take my picture".  Grant looks a bit apprehensive about the whole situation, but Ava loved it.  And yes, she's in her PJ's.  It was pajama day at "preschool" that day.
My happy little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment