Monday, January 14, 2013

Baptism

Well, I finally have a couple of minutes to download some pictures onto the blog from our big baptism weekend, plus the promised pictures from my last blog post...and there is something wrong with my site that won't let me download pictures from my computer.  I'm not sure what is going on but it's extremely frustrating.  I suppose I'll write to let you know what we were up to, but I know that you're always wanting pictures. 

Sunday was Grant's big day.  He was baptized.  We were blessed to have so many friends and family join us for the celebration.  Grandma, Grandpa, and cousin Sara arrived at our place around 1:15 Saturday morning.  We just hung out around the house in the morning and got to play with Auntie Lisa, Uncle Craig, and Nick.  It was so good to see them and we are SO grateful that they made the drive all the way up here from KC.  Grant is very lucky to have such wonderful godparents.  After lunch Grandma, Grant, and I went to the Mall of America (I don't need to be reminded to never go there on a weekend again) to meet up with Aunt Virg, Cristina, Aunt Darlene, Great Grandma, and cousins Zacky and Reece so that we could look for prom dresses for Sara and Cristina.  Sara did find one and she looks beautiful in it.  We finished the evening having dinner with everybody. 

Grant started his day off with a bang, blowing out his pj's while I was feeding him.  I was grateful for this, thinking that then we would be safe and not have to worry about him pooping in his little baptismal tux.  He has had very few blowouts in his life so I wasn't really worried.  We all got out the door on time and got to the church a little early.  I was in the restroom and as I was on the way out my mom came in carrying Grant.  He had bright yellow poop all over the back of his white pants.  Thankfully my aunt came in with a Norwex cloth and was able to get most of it out after much scrubbing.  I don't think that anybody noticed.  Grant did pretty good during the service and only cried a little bit.  He enjoyed all of the attention that he got, and his sister enjoyed opening all of his presents.  Grant spent the afternoon pooping on everything.  He blew out his tux and another outfit.  I guess he didn't like Pizza Ranch from the night before. 

This was a big weekend for Grant for another reason.  Friday night he started sleeping through the night.  That's right, for the past three nights he has slept from about 10:15 pm until 7 am.  Unfortunately his sister is now waking up.  Anyway, I really hope that this continues since I return to work tomorrow.  Yes, tomorrow is the day.  I can not believe that it's been 12 weeks since Grant came into this world and made us a family of 4.  It's gone so quickly.  I'm going to miss my days at home with him (and Ava).  I do however know that he'll be in good hands with our babysitter.  I'll be anxious to see his smiles and listen to him chatter tomorrow evening when I pick them up.  He was So talkative last night!

Ava has been busy having a lot of tea parties.  Grandma and Grandpa brought up the table and chairs, plus the high chair that used to be my sister's and mine when we were little.  She absolutely loves them! 

Well my free time has run out.  I will do my best to get pictures up here ASAP.  I want to share them with you, as there are some really cute ones of the little man in his tux, as well as some with Ava from this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment