Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy New Year

It's hard to believe that 2011 is gone. I can't believe how quickly the year went. I feel like each year passes by faster than the previous one. We definitely had our ups and downs, but ended the year on a good note. 2011 brought along its challenges, most notably Nate losing his job. It was a difficult 4 months. However, if you ask Nate he wouldn't take that time back. He loved spending those days with Miss Ava, and I'm pretty sure that she didn't mind either. With that being said, he's also very happy and grateful that he now has a job that he enjoys and that works well with our family life.

2011 also had it's highlights: Ava's 1st birthday (even though she had a raging ear infection), Ava getting her tubes (yes, this was a highlight because since that day in April she has had no ear infections!!!), our trips to IA to see family and friends, and our long weekends at the cabin. Like I said, 2011 ended well and we're looking forward to all that 2012 has to offer.

Now, for how we brought in the new year...like an old couple...and we loved it! We were able to enjoy New Year's Eve at home together. The weather was beautiful and we even took a walk to the park so that Ava could play for awhile. That evening Ava was in bed by 7:30 as usual. Nate made us a delicious meal, we curled up on the couch for a movie, and were in bed and asleep by 1 am. It was perfect!

Then the phone rang at 5 am, it was work. I ended up picking up a day shift on New Year's Day (I couldn't pass up the extra pay). Ava & Daddy hung out together and we spent the evening hanging out. Tuesday morning Daddy was off to the airport to spend the rest of the week in Scottsdale, AZ for work. Sounds like an awful place to be in January doesn't it? So it's just been Ava and me all week. I can't say that I'm crazy about being home alone at night, I did not sleep well. I'm the crazy lady who puts the shoes and other things in front of the door so that the robber trips when they enter in the wee hours of the morning to rob us...like that's going to save us. :)

We've stayed busy going to the gym, running errands, going to story time at the library, and even met up with Mema & Boppa for dinner on Wednesday. Yesterday morning we were on our way to the library and she kept saying, "one more time, ok". She says this because when she listens to her music CDs in the car she always used to say, "again, again" and I would tell her, "one more time ok". Yesterday she kept repeating it over and over again. Finally I said, "Ok Ava, whatever". She looks at me and says, "whatever mommy, whatever". This is a reminder that I must be careful what I say to her. She is FAR to young to start using the phrase "whatever". She is constantly repeating everything that we say which can be cute at times, but not so cute at other times.

I'm working an evening shift today so Mema will be picking Ava up from day care. She will be so excited to see Mema, and excited to see Daddy when he arrives home this evening. I unfortunately will be spending the rest of the weekend working my 12 hour night shifts and attempting to sleep during the day. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend, and hoping that your new year is off to a great start!


It's not often that you can take a walk to the park on New Year's Eve and play on the playground. We took full advantage of it. Ava was very excited to get to see "Dino" again.

No comments:

Post a Comment