Thursday, April 28, 2011

Want a snack?

I have officially become "that mom" that I said I would never be. You know, the one that promotes childhood obesity by feeding their child to make them quiet. Ava and I went to Target today to get groceries and pick up a few things. Usually she'll make it at least 10 minutes before I have to pull out the snack. However, I think that she's now put two and two together...Target=Snack. We hardly made it past the entrance and she was already fussing. So, I gave her a "mum mum" which she immediately devoured in a matter of minutes. I then tried to distract her with some toys. She wanted nothing to do with them. She thought that my purse was more entertaining, even though it was in the back of the cart. This little girl is like a little Houdini. She can somehow twist around and stand up even with that seat belt tightly around her. So, I move my purse to the front next to her (at least she won't fall out of the cart and get a brain bleed this way). So I was once again "that mom". The one who has a list in one hand, coupons in the other, and a daughter with a pen who is writing on her coat while throwing everything out of my purse. It was at that time that I was grateful that I brought a back-up plan...Teddy Grahams! Yes, rather than dealing with the problem, I continued to pump my child full of calories. Is it the proper way to deal with the situation? Probably not, but it got us out of the store without a major meltdown from either one of us. Thank you Teddy Grahams!

No comments:

Post a Comment