Sunday, April 17, 2011

No more bottles

Another weekend has quickly passed, and we are now getting ready for a busy week. We had a fun filled weekend. Saturday morning we dyed Easter eggs. When I say "we" I really mean Daddy and me. Ava seemed more interested in either throwing her eggs on the floor, or trying to eat them rather than dye them. At least she looked cute with her bunny ears on. That afternoon Ava got her hair cut before heading to Grandma & Boppa's for dinner with our friends Josh & Kate. We put Ava down to bed and then the four of us were off to celebrate our friend Andy's 30th birthday while Grandma & Boppa hung with Ava for the night.

We met up with Ava at church this morning, and then went back to Grandma & Boppa's afterwards for lunch. The Easter bunny left a basket filled with goodies for Ava while we were there. Ava really loved opening up the book that wouldn't fit in her basket. We came home fairly early, as I wanted to get some stuff done around the house before our week got off to a busy start.

Today marked Ava's first day of being "bottle free". She's been down to only a bedtime bottle for a week now. I figured now is as good of a time as any to drop that one bottle. She went down without a problem. I think part of it had to do with the fact that she had only slept for an hour total today and was completely exhausted; but I'm hoping that's only a small part of it. My baby is no longer a baby...she doesn't even use bottles. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to be quite happy to rid our kitchen cabinets of the bottles with 500 pieces, and not having to wash them every day will be even better. It's just that a year ago this weekend she was this tiny little baby getting baptized, and now she's a little girl that is "sooo big". It's crazy how fast she grows, and even crazier how much I love her!

Tomorrow morning Ava and I will be heading to her Dr. for her pre-op physical. They'll be rechecking her hemoglobin since it was low at her 1 yr. appt. I'm hoping that since she's healthier now that it will be normal. I'm also hoping that they don't have to draw any more blood from her than that. Ava will then spend Tuesday-Thursday at daycare and then we'll pack up the car and be heading to IA to celebrate Easter with my family. We're looking forward to seeing them all, as well as a couple of friends and their new babies. Just wishing that the drive wasn't so long! Hope that you all had a wonderful weekend! Ava getting ready to dye Easter eggs
Ava thought eating them sounded better than dying them

She was so happy and excited about everything from the card to the book

Our beautiful girl

No comments:

Post a Comment