Friday, April 15, 2011

The "S" word

That's right...SNOW! I thought that it was gone for at least another 6 or 7 months. But no, it's April and we're supposed to get 1-2 inches of snow tonight. I hope it doesn't stick around long because I already put Ava's big warm winter coat away. I just want spring to come and stay! Ava is getting tired of her winter clothes and is ready to break out the new and colorful spring wardrobe.

It's been a pretty low key week here. Grandma came and played with Ava on Tuesday evening when I went to work. She came back for more fun on Wednesday so that I could go and get my hair done. Ava was quite fussy that day. I'm not sure what her deal was, but I'm glad that she was better today. A big thanks to Grandma for coming over that day. My hair was in desperate need of some TLC. That evening I went to a big consignment sale in Maple Grove. I went on the opening night...Big mistake! I shopped for 30 minutes and stood in line for an hour to purchase stuff that I really didn't Need. I think that I'll go back tomorrow since it's 1/2 price day and see if there are any cute clothes left. You really can't go wrong when you can buy an outfit for $1. It was super organized with some very nice stuff. I'll definitely be going back in the fall to look for some clothes of Ava. I just won't be going on the opening night.

I worked a day shift on Thursday so off to daycare Ava went. Today we spent the day together. We went to the mall this morning to get a few things and return the dress with the "stuff" on it. Ava charmed everybody by saying "hi" to everybody that she saw. She also thought she was cute while sticking her finger up her nose. I have obviously been cleaning out her nose a little too often for the past month (she's had a horrible yucky nose). Last night she stuck half her finger up her nose...so lady like! Ava also got to skype with Grandma B and cousin Reece today. She enjoyed standing at the edge of the couch, squatting down, and then popping back up. I guess it's her way of playing peek-a-boo. It was cute! The wind was howling outside today so we couldn't go for a walk. Instead we went to the gym this afternoon.

We have a fun filled weekend planned. Tomorrow morning we'll be dying Easter eggs before bath time. I'm sure that Ava will just want to put them in her mouth, but I feel like it's something that we have to do every year even though she won't remember it. Ava will be heading to her little salon "Snip-Its" tomorrow to get her hair cut before we head over to Grandma & Boppa's. We're meeting up with some friends there for dinner before heading to a birthday party. Ava will be having a slumber party with Grandma & Boppa and we'll meet up with her at church on Sunday morning. This is Ava in her starting position. She actually really likes to walk behind this little contraption now.
As she gets going her butt sticks out a little more and a little more...
until she's down on her knees and then she just crawls around behind it.
Ava used to be so happy just looking at this book by herself. Now we spend a lot of time with her pointing at things and us telling her what they are. If you don't respond when she points at something she'll let you know that she's not happy about it.


I left her alone long enough to throw her laundry into the washing machine. I came back to her room and this is what I found. She's a quick little turkey!

She always falls asleep on our walks when we're about 1/2 a block from home

It was pizza for dinner tonight. She loved it all...pepperoni, green pepper, mushroom, sausage, and onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment