Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tubes on the 26th

It's 7:40 in the evening...I can hear the birds singing outside, it is not yet dark, and there is only one small pile of snow left outside by our driveway. I think that spring may have actually arrived!!! Yesterday and today Ava and I were able to enjoy wonderful morning walks (wonderful except for when she kept whining and wanting me to read her a book that she brought along). It was so nice to finally feel the sun on my skin and not be covered in layers from head to toe. It's also nice to get out and move to hopefully shed a couple of the many pounds that I've put on since I stopped the breastfeeding!

We had Ava's ENT appointment this afternoon. Nate got off early from work so that he could meet us for the appointment. They did a hearing test as soon as we got there. Ava evidentally did not do well. The Dr. said that this is most likely due to all of the fluid that she has on her ears, and most likely does not have permanent damage to her hearing. He said that with Nate and my history of ear infections, as well as Ava's ear infections and persistent fluid that she definitely needs tubes. We'll be heading to Children's Hospital in the wee morning hours on Tuesday April 26th. It will be a quick procedure and they said that she should be fine by afternoon (after the anesethia wears off). I have to say that I'm actually looking forward to it. I'm tired of worrying every time that we leave town that she'll have another ear infection. We've had too many bad nights away from home due to ear infections! Hopefully this will be the answer to our problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment