Thursday, February 3, 2011

Two is not always better than one...

This statement is true especially when talking about ear infections! I picked Ava up from day care on Tuesday and noted some little crusties on her earlobe. I wondered if her ear had been draining and was concerned about an ear infection since she had woke up a couple of times in the past week, and hadn't been her happy little self during the day. So I made her a Dr's appt. for Wednesday morning (at which time she weighed in at 23 lbs). The poor little thing has a horrible double ear infection. She is now on antibiotics and scheduled benadryl. So far it hasn't been helping. Tonight she had a fever of 102.6 and wouldn't eat dinner. I had to force her medication down her (in the past she loved the amoxicillin, and was even wanting more at breakfast). I'm really hoping that tomorrow is a better day for her!

We laid low today since she was very clingy and not in the best of moods. We made a quick trip to Target and that's about it. I'm hoping that she feels better tomorrow so that we can go to the gym. She got plenty of play time today. She pulled herself up (for the first time that I've ever seen) from her knees to a standing position today while playing beside her toy box. She still doesn't understand the concept of moving her feet while she stands. I'm sure it will come. With that being said, a big Congrats to our friend Cora who is now walking!!!

I'm working this weekend so Nate and Ava will be hanging out and enjoying the Super Bowl without me. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

Still able to smile in spite of the ear infection and fever
She is now consistently crawling on her knees, and has become quite quick!

This is one of Ava's favorite things to do...pull all of her toys out of the toy box

Today she was able to stand up on her own.

"What, you expect me to put all of this stuff away?"

My poor little sick peanut, had her thumb in her mouth before she even hit the stairs. Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment