Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Rather than surprising Daddy at work with homemade cupcakes today, Ava and I spent the morning at the Dr's office. Shockingly enough she has another ear infection in her right ear. It's probably not a new one...just one that she never got over the last time due to her antibiotics being cut short. I'm not happy with the Dr. we saw last time. Not only did he not start her on another antibiotic, he didn't tell us that we should go and get her tested to see if she really is allergic to Amoxicillin. So, today she needs a prescription for this infection and our options are extremely limited since she now has amoxicillin listed as an allergy. So they started her on azithromycin but the Dr. said that unfortunately it will take 2-3 days for that medication to start working. So, our poor little peanut will have to suffer. Now I have to take her in for a lab draw sometime soon. I'll take her into Children's Hospital to have it done. I'm sure they'll be quick, as they do it hundreds of times a day. I just don't want them to have to find her little tiny veins and stick her. She's not exactly one to sit still...I can't even cut her fingernails most of the time.

Anyway, hoping that your Valentine's Day was a bit more fun than ours!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, poor Ava!!! Azithromycin is just about the only antibiotic Bella can take. It is so frustrating when you have a bad doctor experience, I hope Ava is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete