Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I'm a Survivor

Ava survived her first weekend home alone with Daddy, and I survived my first 12 hour weekend back to work. Saturday morning we had a family friend, Cheryl, come watch Ava while Nate and I were both at work. Rumor has it that she was a very good girl (hopefully Cheryl wasn't just being nice and saying that). We very much appreciated her coming over, as we have yet to find somebody besides Grandma to watch Ava. It's hard to try to find somebody that you trust when you don't know anybody in the area. Daddy and Ava spent Saturday afternoon getting Daddy's smoker ready and testing it out with some chicken. So when I got home from work at 8:15 Daddy had a nice dinner prepared. I quickly ate (as Ava was getting hungry and tired as well), fed Ava, and put her to bed. Working 12 hrs was hard because I hardly got to spend any time with her except for feeding her and putting her down for the night.

Sunday there was a small wardrobe issue. I forgot to set out Ava's clothes (which I do everyday that I'm not home) Sat. night after I got home from work. I called Nate Sunday morning and asked what he had put on her. He said, "that Adidas outfit". Well, the only Adidas outfit that she has is a pink jogging suit that is lined and extremely warm (she sweats in it in the winter). Mind you that it was supposed to be close to 80 degrees on Sunday. Needless to say, after checking her legs to see if she was warm he changed her into a dress (she was probably dripping sweat). She and Daddy spent the afternoon at a BBQ with one of Daddy's friends, and were home by the time that I got home that night. I suppose if the wardrobe issue was the worst thing that happened to her all weekend she had a great weekend! Daddy really enjoyed his time alone with her. I'm glad that they got that time together, and Ava got to bond with her Daddy for a few days.

Yesterday Daddy and Ava went for a walk and then went to Golf Galaxy. I think that he's trying to talk her into playing golf at the age of 13 weeks. This is her second trip to Golf Galaxy. Personally I think that she enjoys shopping at the mall more. I only worked 8 hours yesterday so I got to spend a little time with her last evening. Grandpa came over and helped put a ceiling fan in Ava's room. Thank you sooooo much Grandpa! We know you were tired but we really appreciated it! Daddy grilled us some burgers and we just hung out. We got a phone call from Aunt Lisa asking if we could pick her up from the airport at 8:30 last night. Her flight from Des Moines to PA got cancelled due to weather in Detroit so she was changing her flights around. Daddy went and picked her up and Ava tried her hardest to stay awake for Lisa. Unfortunately she only lasted about 5 minutes after Lisa got here. I wish she could have seen Ava for longer, but she understands. At least she got to see her for a few minutes.

As for today, we just got back from our walk and I'm hoping that Ava will hang out quietly in her chair while I shower. We're going to try to make it to my "new mom's group" at the hospital. I think that this may be our last time. We're not so "new" anymore compared to the 2 week old babies coming in. Daddy just called and said that we might be going to visit Uncle Wes tonight. He evidently got a new grill and would like some help putting it together. Other than that, we're going to try to catch up on some laundry and start gathering up stuff to take to the cabin this weekend. We're leaving Friday morning and are very very excited to see the new place and introduce Ava to all our friends "up north".

I have no new pictures since I worked all weekend. I'll try to post some new ones tomorrow or Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment