Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ava turns 16

Sixteen weeks that is. Great Grandma Schutterle and Aunt Darlene arrived today and are staying through Saturday. They came to play and then to watch Ava while Daddy and I both work Saturday morning. They were amazed at how much Ava has changed since they last saw her, and Ava has loved them telling her how beautiful she is. Great Grandma already found a garage sale to visit, and we played a game of cards. Darlene and I let Daddy and Grandma win...by only 5 points!!!

Ava has gotten some quality time with Daddy this week since I've been working evenings all week. He even got off of work early on Tuesday (since he works on Saturday) so that Grandma could have the afternoon off. Last night Daddy and Ava went to visit Uncle Wes for dinner. where I guess they had amazing steaks. I got to eat a lean pocket at work.

Ava and I ran a few errands this morning and then went to a MNA meeting. It was regarding the big vote on Monday. We will be voting on an open ended strike. I'm confident that it will pass, and if the hospital doesn't negotiate then I will be on strike by mid July. This is a very scary time for all of us. I need to remember that this too will pass. This is short term, and our contract is long term. We need to continue to fight for our patients and their safety.

Well it's bedtime. I just wanted to post a few things since I haven't updated for awhile. I hope that all of you stayed safe this evening with all the severe weather here in Minnesota. Have a great weekend, and Happy Father's Day to all those Dad's out there!

Ava & Great Grandma Schutterle having a little chat


Thanks for the outfit Auntie Lisa #2

Ava at 16 weeks

Aunt Darlene & Ava

No comments:

Post a Comment