Thursday, May 27, 2010

13 weeks

Wow this week has gone by quickly! Sorry for the lack of updates. It's harder to do the updates now that I've gone back to work. When I get home I just want to play with Ava, and my bedtime isn't to long after hers.

Let's see, what did we do this week? Monday was a very hot and sticky day. We made it out for a walk and were home by 9:15. I was already sweating at that hour. We stayed in all day except for our trip to Target and to Lifetime gym. I wanted to check out the daycare there to see what it is like. Your baby has to be 3 months to go so that's why we waited until now to check it out. I was actually very impressed. It seems very clean and organized. I shouldn't worry about leaving her there considering that I'll be in the same building. However, it's still hard for some reason. I'm going to have to get over it because Grandma isn't going to be able to watch Ava forever. Someday she will have to go to her daycare center. I have no doubt that it will be harder on me than it is on Ava.

Tuesday we had Ava's physical therapy appt. It went well. They didn't have anything to add as far as stretches go. They are impressed with her neck strength, but note that she does still have a bit of a left head tilt. We stopped at Grandma's work on the way to our PT appointment. All the ladies there just loved her up. Ava loves the attention! That afternoon we went to my mom's group. Ava weighed in this week at 15 lbs, 3 oz. Her weight gain has slowed over the past week, but I'm pretty sure she's not starving to death! Wednesday and today I was back to work and Ava spent the day with Grandma. Daddy had a half day of work on Wednesday so he was able to take Grandma and his little girl out for lunch.

Tomorrow I'm going to the eye Dr. again. My eye has been bright red the past couple of days (which is slightly annoying and embarrassing at work). I've been wearing my glasses all day in hopes that it would improve and it hasn't. Ava will be coming to my appointment with me tomorrow. I'm praying that she cooperates and is good. She has been such a good little sleeper all week, sleeping around 9 hours straight. We are soooo lucky!

Well I have to head to bed, I can hardly keep my eyes open. Wishing you a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend! I will be at work all weekend (12 hour shifts). So please say a prayer for Ava and Daddy as they spend their first couple of days alone together.


Daddy & Ava taking a nap after Daddy got home from golf on Sunday...he fell asleep first and for a longer period of time. (if you're looking for Ava among the mess, she's in her swing)


Ava before our walk
Ava after our walk (all snuggled into her moby wrap)

So big at 13 weeks




No comments:

Post a Comment