Monday, June 7, 2010

Play Date

This morning we headed over to Cora's house to play. She has gotten sooo big since the last time we saw her. She was so full of smiles and giggles, and was so nice to share her toys with Ava. Unfortunately we only got a few pictures as Cora was sleepy and slept for a lot of the time we were there. Ava wasn't too upset about it and decided to try out all of Cora's toys while she slept. It was so nice for me to get to see Kristi again and chat with her. She is also a nurse so we had plenty to talk about between the planned strike on Thursday and our kiddos. It's so much fun to have a friend with a baby the same age as Ava so that we can compare stories and go through some of the exciting as well as frustrating things together. She made some amazing chocolate chip banana bread and introduced me to a wonderful new tea. Thank you very much Kristi, and thank you for the bread that you sent home!!! We'll be looking forward to getting together again soon.

This afternoon Ava has been trying to catch up on some sleep. She fought her nap very hard this afternoon and even had some real tears (I hate real tears)! She is now snoozing in her swing. Perhaps we'll go for a walk this evening when she wakes up. It's absolutely beautiful outside. Daddy has golf tonight so it's just the two of us.

Tomorrow afternoon will be busy. Ava has her physical therapy appt. at 2:30 which Grandma will meet us at since I have a dentist appt. at 3:00. Luckily both appointments are in Maple Grove so it shouldn't be a big problem. Thanks in advance Grandma for taking Ava. I'm hoping my dentist appt. goes well. I keep hearing horror stories about how women always get so many cavities when they are pregnant and breastfeeding due to the baby taking so much of your calcium. I've had one cavity in my whole life and am very particular about my teeth...so hopefully I will prove everybody wrong.

Ava & Cora playing. At one point Cora was holding Ava's hand and it was so cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment