Monday, June 21, 2010

Busier weeks, fewer posts

I apologize that the number of posts have decreased lately. Our weeks seem to fly by with very little extra time to get anything done, especially when I'm working evening. Last week was very busy. Grandma and Grandpa Becker left on Sunday. I worked Monday through Wednesday evening. I've learned that it's a little hard on the mind and body to work three evenings in a row; getting to bed around 1:30 and getting up around 6:30. I worked my 12 hour day shifts this weekend and will head back for another evening shift tomorrow and Thursday.


As mentioned in my previous post, we had visitors again this past week. Aunt Darlene and Great Grandma Schutterle came to visit from Iowa. They arrived on Thursday afternoon after Ava and I got back from our MNA meeting. Luckily they beat the bad storms/tornados that hit southern Minnesota. We just hung out Thursday evening. Friday morning Great Grandma was up and ready to garage sale. Ava was a trouper all day as we spent a good part of the day touring our neighborhood looking for good deals. Aunt Darlene and Great Grandma stayed and watched Ava Saturday morning while Nate and I were both at work. A big thank you to them for doing that!!! We are so glad that they were able to come and visit, and spend that time with us!

We started our day bright and early today. Ava had a PT appointment at 8:30 this morning. She is doing great, but they want to continue to see her for a few more sessions. As she continues to build more strength and gain more control in her neck, they want to make sure that everything continues to be symmetrical and that she doesn't favor one side more. They are very pleased with the progress that she has made! After her appointment we headed to St. Paul to the MNA headquarters. Today was the big vote on whether or not to authorize an open ended strike. We should have the results within the hour. My hope is that all 14 hospitals stood strong and voted to authorize the strike, so that we can fight this battle as one. Hopefully the negotiations will start again tomorrow (if the hospital will sit down and negotiate) and we can begin to resolve this. I'm praying that we will not need to strike, but will not be surprised if it comes to that. I keep telling myself that this is short term, and our contract is long term. We have to continue to stay strong and fight for what we know is best for our patients. Other than that, Ava and I had a pretty low key day. I had to catch up on some laundry and make the usual trip to Target. She was a very good girl today...just like most days.

Grandma will be coming over tomorrow afternoon to watch Ava until Daddy gets home. Then Wednesday morning we are off to the Dr's office for Ava's 4 month appointment. I am dreading the shots once again. This time I'm not so concerned about the actual shot, but rather the reaction. Last time her little leg was so red and painful and she had a fever. I'll once again pre-medicate her, but really hope that she's not so uncomfortable this time around. I hate seeing my little girl in pain!




Nate took this picture while I was at work on Sunday. She looks SO big!

No comments:

Post a Comment