Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Better day

We had a much better day today. Our little sweetheart was exhausted from yesterday and slept pretty hard today. She slept well last night as well. We put her down at 9:45 and she slept until about 4:45 this morning.

We had our play date this morning. It was good to see everybody and their kids. Looking at everybody else's kids it's crazy for me to think that in a year she'll be walking around. She is already growing so much. She has become so expressive with her eyes as well as verbally. She "talked" to Daddy and me for about 10 minutes tonight. She was smiling and had so much to say. We Loved it!!! I'm so glad that Nate was home for that. She now loves to lay in her crib and watch her mobile, or lay under her little jungle gym and look at the bright toys that hang above her.

I looked at the calendar today and realized that it's only two weeks before I return to work. It's going to be hard for me to leave her for such a long period of time. I look forward to seeing her even after I'm gone for only a few hours. I'm going to miss her morning smiles, those big blue eyes, our story times, her falling asleep on me, etc. There is nothing better in life than to have her snuggle into me...her arm tossed over mine as she falls into a deep sleep so peacefully. She is a constant reminder of what's truly important in life, and how the simple pleasures (like her smiles) are also the greatest pleasures. God has truly blessed Nate and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment