Thursday, May 20, 2010

12 Weeks

Ava turned 12 weeks old at 5:22 this evening. Every day I am amazed how big she has gotten. The time has gone by far to quickly. I'm worried that the next 18 years may feel that way.

Yesterday Ava and I prepared for me to go back to work. We spent the morning in St. Paul voting on the nurse's contract and pension. For those interested, 90% of voters voted to strike, and there were about 12,000 nurses who voted. We have until June 1st to try to settle a new contract. Otherwise there will most likely be a one day strike. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. Ava and I spent the afternoon reading books and snuggling. She was even nice enough to fall asleep on me and snuggle in for a little nap; just what I needed! Last evening Daddy, Ava, and I went for a nice long walk. She then slept for 9 hours straight again last night. She has been doing great!

Today I headed back to work. I snuck in Ava's room this morning to get one last peek and blow her a kiss before leaving for the day. There were only a few tears as I drove away from the house, knowing that for the first time it wasn't going to be my face that she saw when she woke up. I knew that she was in good hands with Grandma, but it's just so hard to leave. I didn't want her to think that I had abandoned her. I think that she was a little fussy for Grandma today, wondering where I was. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little better. I guess that the long walk that Grandma took her on wore her out. She is sound asleep right now. She's been such a little snuggle bunny tonight. It's like she knew that's what I needed after spending our first day apart.

Grandma will be coming over extra early tomorrow (5:15 am). Daddy is leaving on his annual golf trip up north with the guys. So, it's just Ava and me all weekend. The weather is supposed to be very nice so hopefully we'll be able to get out and enjoy that. Ava also has her photo shoot on Sunday. We hope that you all have a wonderful weekend!


Ava seems to be enjoying the Bumbo chair a bit more

She likes the Bumbo so much she tries to eat it. She has started to munch on anything that gets close to her mouth.

What a BIG girl!!!

2 comments:

  1. good job going back to work, steph- i'm so glad it went well. we're getting our computer up and running this weekend so i promise pictures. let's get together soon and chat. lots to catch up on, life, nursing, babies... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is just so beautiful, I know I constantly say that but she is Steph :) so glad Grandma can stay with her, it makes it a little bit easier I think. Good luck on your contract, I know how stressful this time can be I hope you all don't have to strike!

    ReplyDelete