Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Weigh in

Today was a bit of a struggle with Miss Ava. It all started about 11:30 last night when she woke up, and then did so again at 1:00, 3:00, and 6:00. I'm not sure what that was all about. She has Never done that! We gave her her binki every time except for at 3:00 when I fed her, and she would go back to sleep. I'm not sure why she woke up so many times though. I sure hope that was a one time occurrence. Then she didn't sleep at all today except for in 15 minute increments when I was holding her. She screamed the whole time I was in the shower which she has never done. I'm not sure what is going on but hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

We went to our New Parents Connections group today. Ava weighed in at 14 lbs 3 oz. She weighs more than every child there, including the 5 month old (she was born premature though). She is huge next to her little friend Charlie who is going to be four months old. I want to set them up but he's probably scared she'll crush him when she learns to roll over. He probably wasn't impressed with her when she blew out her dress at the end of the group either. I'm trying to teach her to be a bit more lady like but it's not going well. I'd like to make it one day where she's wearing the same outfit at the beginning and the end of the day.

Tomorrow morning we're heading out for a play date with the girls from United (the hospital that I work at). It will be fun to see them and their kiddos. The play date is at 9:00. It's so sad how early that seems to me now. I have to get up at 6:00 to make it to a 9:00 appointment. It's amazing how long it takes to feed, diaper, dress, and pack up an infant.

I forgot to mention in an earlier blog that Ava has a physical therapy evaluation on May 10th for possible torticollis (has to do with the muscles in her neck). She did sleep on the left side of her head Saturday and Sunday night, so hopefully she's correcting any problems on her own. We'll see what the physical therapist has to say. I'd rather be proactive and have early intervention if it is anything.

Well I'm off for our last feeding of the evening. Let's hope for a restful night and a better day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment