Sunday, March 10, 2013

The past two weeks

 You would think that our life is super exciting and that we're never home since I have a hard time finding time to update the blog regularly.  In all honesty, our life isn't that exciting but it can be exhausting which leads to me falling asleep on the couch before my Grandma's bedtime.

So, a little recap of the past two weeks...

On Thursday the 28th Nate and I met Mema, Boppa, Uncle Wes, and Aunt Janna for dinner during restaurant week and left the kids with a sitter.  We have never left both of the kids with somebody who wasn't family (or just like family which is Lauryn) so I was a little nervous.  I work with a lady who lives very close to us who told me before we even moved that her daughter babysits if we were ever interested.  It's nice because she's a senior in high school so she has a lot of experience babysitting, and she drives so we don't have to worry about going to get her or dropping her off at the end of the night.  She seems extremely sweet and she said that the kids were great (although Grant cried during dinner, and Ava cried for us before bed which she has never done...the little turkey).  She said she would love to come back, so I'm glad that we have found somebody to watch them when we go out.  Ava told me the next morning that she liked Leah so it must have gone well. 

Last weekend I had to work my dreaded 12 hr night shifts.  It's amazing how well your body can function on no sleep.  Saturday morning Ava went to Mema & Boppa's for a sleep over.  This allows me to have more quiet in the house so that I can try to sleep (although Grant spent a good amount of time crying Saturday), and leaves Nate with only one child while he's by himself.  Grant and Daddy met up with Ava at church on Sunday and then spent the day at Mema & Boppa's so that I could sleep.  I got to see them for about 20 minutes before I headed back to work Sunday night. 

Grant had his physical therapy appointment last Tuesday.  The therapist said that he looks great and she doesn't really see a head tilt at all and he has great range of motion on both sides of his neck.  So, she said that we don't have to go back for a month.  They usually like to follow the kids until they are sitting independently.  So, we'll see her again in April and also follow up with the cranio/facial doctor that day as well. 

Friday morning Mema rang the door bell and surprised Ava, telling her we were going on an adventure but wouldn't tell her where.  Ava was so excited.  We went to the Children's Museum, where they currently have a special Dora and Diego exhibit.  Ava had so much fun at the museum.  We could have spent all day there.  We were going to take Grant to Cyndi's that day so that Ava could have a day to herself, but Cyndi wasn't feel well so Grant tagged along.  It worked out just fine, he was so good!  We finished the adventure with lunch from McDonald's before some stories and nap time.  It was a great day!

Yesterday we had nothing on the calendar and I couldn't have been more excited.  It was actually a productive day.  An oil change, laundry, cleaned the house, made some homemade granola (which I'm currently addicted to), went to the library, Target, bath night for Ava, and a nice pre-bedtime nap on the couch (which is becoming a regular occurrence for me).  We went to the library so that Ava could get her own library card.  It's primarily so that she can take it to Cyndi's with her and check out her own books when they go to the library.  She was so excited to get her own card.

This afternoon we got to spend some time with a bunch of Nate's high school friends, their spouses, and kids.  It was a lot of fun to see everybody and catch up a little bit.  It's always fun to see them, and of course the kids that seem to grow so quickly.  Nate had basketball tonight so it was me and the kids for dinner and bedtime.  I think that they were both exhausted.  As for me, the couch is calling my name again so I'll sign off.  Thanks for checking in on us! 


 Grant trying on his Easter outfit.  We were going to go with a sweater vest, but with his lack of neck it's not a very flattering look.
 Ava scanning her very own library card for the first time while checking out her books
 Hands up while the book scans.  :)
One smiley and drooly little boy :)
 Looking at x-rays at the museum
 Rocking out at the museum
On Piggy's pirate ship in the Dora and Diego exhibit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment