Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Other Birthday Girl (and so much more)

Hello everyone and thanks for taking the time to stop by and check in - This is Nate signing in for the first time as lead blogger. You may know me as "Daddy" on the blog based on previous posts, but I wanted to take a shot at penning the ongoing scroll that is the Veldman life.

I doubt many of you sign in to read this blog in eager anticipation of seeing my charming face and that's fine with me as there are 3 other people in this family that are far more attractive than myself. I don't have any fancy pictures or borders to add to my words so I'm just going to write a few things I wanted to share.

I wanted to talk about the usual scribe of the Veldman family tale; the wife, mother, calendar composer, chief napper, undiscovered culinary whiz, and keeper of all general sanity in our house; my wife Steph.

Steph - The kids and I are so grateful for all the sacrifices you make on a daily basis. You are an amazing mother and an even better spouse if that's possible. Your unending love for your family seemingly knows no bounds. As mentioned in a previous post, we had a pretty rough last couple weeks in our house with pneumonia waging a tough war on half the house (Ava and I). While the rest of us were suffering (Grant fought through a cold also) my wife and her bionic immune system that does not allow sickness or disease past it's impenetrable force field took care of everyone and never complained once.

As many of you know, we moved into a new house last November and to my wonderful delight, a knack for cooking and making delicious cuisine also moved in with my wife. I had been used to doing the majority of the cooking in years past because I thoroughly enjoy doing it. However in the last few months, there has been a discovery of some culinary talent by others in the house as well. Ava does throws some awesome tea parties, but more importantly (and more tangibly) Steph has unearthed a talent I did not know was there. She has made many things and often has dinner on the table when I get home from work every night. How she manages to do this with the human tornado that is our daughter and 5 month old son running wild is something I have yet to figure out, but perhaps it's better I don't know. I just want you to know that it's appreciated.

As you may know, tomorrow is Steph's birthday and she will be turning 30 for the third time.... Guess what, she'll be spending it working a 12 hour shift at the hospital. Yet another example of her selflessness and giving demeanor.

Steph - I just wanted to take the time to publicly acknowledge you for all you do in the lives of so many. These are just a few examples that happened recently. Grant, Ava, and I are privy to your kind heart and generosity on a daily basis, but so are so many that read this blog so I wanted to share it on here as well. I want you to know how much you are appreciated and loved. The kids are lucky to have you as a mother and I don't know where I'd be without you beside me as we traverse this crazy journey called life. You put a smile on the face of so many and it's important for you to know how much you're appreciated and loved.

With love,
Nate, Ava, and Grant

1 comment:

  1. So sweet, I hope Steph had a wonderful day, I'm sure she did with her amazing family :)

    ReplyDelete