Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Recovering

 The above picture describes our weekend.  It all started a week ago when Nate didn't feel well and had been coughing.  I actually encouraged Nate to call in sick last Wednesday and go to the clinic (this never happens because I pretty much have to be dead to go to the clinic).  I told him that I thought he had pneumonia.  Well he went, they didn't do a chest x-ray, but instead told him they thought he had a virus.  They gave him a script for a Zpack but told him to wait until Saturday to fill it, as she felt he would feel better by then.  Well by Friday he was worse and I just went and filled the script.  Today he is finally starting to sound/feel better. 

Friday morning at 2 am Ava woke up crying.  I went into her room and picked her up and she was on fire.  She had a fever of 104.4.  I changed her into cooler pjs and put her back to bed.  She was soon up again and asking to sleep on our floor (she has never slept on our floor).  So in she came with her sleeping bag.  I mainly let her sleep there because I was fearful that she would have a febrile seizure and I wanted to be able to hear her and see her throughout the night.  On Friday her fever was gone with no intervention and she was fine.  I called our pediatrician to see if I should bring her in.  She said that they usually wait 3 days for a fever before being seen, but since three days would be Sunday and the clinic would be closed, that I should make an appointment for Saturday and I could always cancel if she didn't have a fever again.  Well Saturday morning around 12:30 she awoke with a fever of 102.9 and had a constant cough.  She got probably 4 hours of broken sleep that night.  So we headed off to the pediatrician's office that morning.  Grant was up at 4:30 that morning crying and had a little cough too so I made an appointment for him too just to make sure he wasn't getting an ear infection or anything.  Grant checked out fine.  Ava actually checked out ok on her physical exam.  Her lungs were clear, but the Dr. was a little worried about the high fevers.  He did an x-ray and it showed that she has right sided pneumonia.  We watched a lot of TV on Saturday, and by Sunday the fevers were gone and she was back to normal. 

So, I'm thinking that everybody is on the mend (except for maybe Grant who still has a nasty cough but no fevers).  Hopefully everybody will stay healthy while I'm working this weekend, and will remain healthy for Easter weekend.  It sure would be nice if it would stop snowing and we could spend some time outside and open up the house to get some fresh air.  I'm so ready for trips to the park and the zoo!

 Making us some tea and snacks this afternoon.
Our little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment