Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mom & Dad

Ava is now 23 months old and her vocabulary grows every day. I'm amazed at what comes out of her mouth, and at times it makes me laugh as she sounds more and more like a grown up. However, the other day I was not laughing as she sounded a bit to old. She was talking to Nate and she said something like, "no Dad". DAD?!? WHAT?!? It's Daddy to you little girl! She told me the other day, "come play Mom". Now this may not sound like a big deal to most of you, but to me it is. Ava is growing up way to fast and I need to be her "Mommy" for just a little bit longer. Before I know it I'll be "Mother" and then she'll be at the age where she doesn't even want to address me by name. Slow down Miss Ava. I know you'll be two this month, but I'm loving these days of exploring new things, reading books, having tea parties, and I especially love when you put your hands on my cheeks, look into my eyes and say, "I love you Mommy". So for as long as we can, we're going to cherish these "Mommy and Daddy" days.

No comments:

Post a Comment