Friday, February 10, 2012

A little update

Yes, the updates and are getting fewer and fewer. I'm not sure if it's because our life is more boring now or if it's because I'm just to tired to update most nights. I apologize that I don't have any pictures from this past week, but I promise to get some on here for next week. Let's see, what have we been up too...

Last weekend Nate and I were able to get away for a night to Decorah for a friend's wedding. Mema came over Saturday morning to play with Ava and then they packed up and headed over to Mema & Boppa's for a sleep over. I remember the first time that Nate and I left Ava over night. We went to Decorah and she went to Mema & Boppa's. All we did was think about Ava and talk about her. My how time changes things. There was still the occasional mention of how awesome we think she is, but it was so nice for us to be able to get away and enjoy each other with no interruptions. Believe me, we knew that Ava was having more fun with Mema & Boppa than she would be with us. It was great to be in Decorah again, visiting campus and a few of our favorite spots. We lucked out and had beautiful weather. Sunday morning we were back on the road to pick up our "Peanut Pie".

When we arrived home Ava was sleeping. When she woke up I walked into the bedroom with Mema behind me. She looked at me and then yelled, "Mema" so excited to see her (as if I didn't exist). It didn't bother me in the least bit. It just told me what I already knew; she loves her Mema & Boppa and had a great weekend with them. A big thanks to them for allowing Nate and I to get away for a night.

This week has been pretty low key since I worked Monday through Wednesday. Yesterday we did the usual story time and this morning we'll head to music class. We have plans Saturday to meet up with some friends and their kids, so we're excited for that. We hope that you all have a wonderful weekend!

PS- a BIG congrats to our friends Lisa & Craig. As of Tuesday Ava now has a new cousin Nick. She looks at pictures of him, smiles and says "Baby Nick". I can't wait for her to meet him!

No comments:

Post a Comment