Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Toddler room?!?

I picked Ava up from daycare this afternoon and as we were getting ready to leave, her teacher told me that Ava will be visiting the "toddler room" next week. I was informed that when they turn 15 months they start making daily visits to the toddler room and eventually transition in there by the time that they are 16 months. All I could think was, "Toddler? What are you talking about? She's my baby! She's not big enough to be in the toddler room!". Unfortunately I think that I'll still be feeling this was 16 years from now. So, next week our little girl will be heading over to the big kids room. I'm hoping that I like the "teachers" there as much as I have in the infant room. They are wonderful and I love reading Ava's daily reports of what she ate, what she played with, etc. We are so fortunate to have such a good daycare that is so close to our house.

It has been awhile since I have last updated. I'm kind of ashamed to say that I don't even have any pictures to post from the past week. Ava went to daycare last Wednesday through Friday. We all spent the weekend home together and it was wonderful...no road trips, just us!!! We went to the mall and hung out on Saturday. Nate and I rented a movie Saturday night and were both asleep on the couch mid-movie by 9:00. We really are getting old! Sunday we went to church and then got to go and meet Baby Kya. It was great to see Kya's mommy and daddy, and see their new place. We are so excited and happy for the three of them! I even got to squeeze in a little walk outside Sunday evening after we got some much needed housework done.

Ava has spent the last three days at daycare. She's now home for the rest of the week. Tomorrow morning we'll hang out and hopefully go for a walk, and then we have her follow-up appt with the surgeon in the afternoon. I'm anticipating a good report. I can't tell you how nice it is to not constantly have to worry about whether or not she has an ear infection.

Ava has learned something new over the past week...how to throw a fit. That's right, that sweet little girl whom I claimed was an angel for the first 12 months of her life is not so angelic anymore. She has perfected the art of arching her back and crying. This is quite irritating when she needs her diaper changed or when she's in the bath tub. I'm not sure where she learned her great technique from, but I'm not impressed! She has become quite demanding and stubborn at times. She must get this from her Daddy. :) In spite of this, she still blesses us with her kisses and that sweet little giggle (the best sound in the world). Man I love her...even if she is sassy!

1 comment:

  1. I am always sad when Bella moves up classes at "school", it never goes away :) Good luck with the "fits", I say it just proves we have strong girls, haha. When they are 16 we can see if the feeling is still the same ;)

    ReplyDelete