Friday, May 20, 2011

ENT Follow-up

Yesterday Ava had her follow-up appointment with Dr. Karlen, her ENT Dr. She got a great report. Her hearing is now normal, the tubes look great, and her ears look great. We've had no infections since they were put in. We won't have to see him again unless she starts to get infections or if the tubes don't fall out on their own in two years.

Daddy was able to come to the Dr's appt. with us which was nice. He then hung out with Ava last night so that I could go out and have dinner with some friends. Cafe Latte cheesecake...life doesn't get much better than that! :)

Today we got off to a rough start. Ava was up early and was CRANKY!!! She was either whining or crying for the first three hours. Finally I put her in her crib, closed the door, went to my room to fold laundry and closed my door, and turned on the TV so I couldn't hear her. I have never let her "cry it out" before. I said that I would wait 8 minutes. After 6 1/2 minutes (but who was counting) she was out cold. She slept for almost an hour and a half. She woke up in a much better mood! She is getting another molar on top. I'm hoping that is what is causing the crankiness, meaning that it's only temporary. She is such a "strong willed" little thing. I keep telling myself that in 25 years this will be a good thing. I went to put her in her carseat after her appt. yesterday and she was mad that I took the car keys away from her. She stuck out that belly of hers, arched her back, and she slid right out of the carseat before I could strap her in. What happened to my sweet angel baby? I think that the little beast toddler is taking over! I thought this wasn't supposed to happen until they turn 2! What can I say...I guess she's just advanced. :)

Ava is going through a stage where she wants to wear her hats when she sees them in the closet. This morning she didn't want just one, she wanted 2. This goes for shoes as well. She never keeps them on when she's supposed to, but now she constantly brings me her shoes and wants to wear three different pairs at one time.





You would think that she could walk on her own the way that she pushes this stroller around. She'll pick it up and throw it to the side if something is in the way. We still haven't quite mastered the balancing act of walking on our own though.


1 comment:

  1. I love all the photos Steph, Ava is beyond precious!! I'm so happy to hear how well her ears are doing, YAY :) I swear they shouldn't call it the terrible 2's, it is the terrible 1.5 to about 4, at least for us!

    ReplyDelete