Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Sink or Swim

I kind of feel like this is the motto in the "toddler room" at daycare. I picked Ava up from daycare today and when I arrived I was told that she was outside playing with the toddlers. I figured that this was good since she loves being outside. I get to the door and look outside, and see my poor baby sitting on the ground crying. Two of the "teachers" are standing next to her and just looking at her. She's not whining, she's crying. I'm sure that most of it was that she was over tired (since they're trying to wean her to 1 nap per day), but why weren't they at least playing with her or picking her up? They told me that she did fine this morning when she visited the toddler room.

I asked one of the toddler teachers if they get a lot of kids in their room that don't yet walk (since Ava is still not walking on her own). She replied by saying something like, "Oh, she'll learn to walk quickly if she wants to survive." What?!? These kids are going to eat her alive! I feel like I need to start walking boot camp STAT! Otherwise she's going to continue to be the kid who is sitting in the middle of the playground by herself crying. She's got a week off of daycare to make some progress.

So, needless to say, Ava's first day of visiting the toddler room did not go as well as I had anticipated. I'm kind of dreading her going back next week. I'm sure that I'm being the overly sensitive first time mom, but that's who I am. She may be 15 months old, but she's still my baby! Tomorrow we're off to her 15 month old well-baby check (which unfortunately involves more shots).

No comments:

Post a Comment