Monday, February 22, 2010

Dr's appointment

I had another doctor's appointment today. My Dr. is actually out of the office so I saw his sister who is just wonderful! She was the original Dr. that I wanted to see, but she was out on a medical leave when I had my initial appointment. Anyway, the appointment went well. I am currently 3 cm dilated. She stripped my membranes and said that if it's going to help it will be within 24-48 hours. I've read different research on the effectiveness of inducing labor through stripping the membranes and it isn't real strong, but I thought I would give it a shot. I started having contractions yesterday, but nothing regular. The Dr. said that she would be very surprised if I didn't have the baby this week, but who knows. Once again, time will tell.
Nate and I are so excited to meet this little one, but the reality of it is also a bit anxiety provoking. We laid there in bed last night and I said to him, "you know, this baby is going to come out soon and our whole world will be turned upside down". I know that it will be wonderful in so many ways, but it's also a bit scary to think about. Everybody says that all those fears will go away once you hold that baby. I'm sure they are right. Besides that, it's great to know that we have so many wonderful friends and family to help us through the difficult times, and celebrate all the wonderful times to come. And I know that Nate is going to be a Great daddy! I can't wait to see him hold this little baby for the first time!

So, please keep your fingers crossed that this little one decides to come out and play soon. I'm debating whether to head to the gym again to walk another 2 miles on the treadmill. My only fear is that my water will break all over the gym floor...this may be slightly embarrassing!

No comments:

Post a Comment