Friday, January 15, 2010

Waukee Baby Shower

We had our first baby shower last weekend in Waukee. Luckily the roads were plowed and the ice mostly gone by the time that we left last Friday, and we made it safely to Des Moines. Nate spent Saturday with Brent and the kids, driving around Des Moines to various basketball games. He even managed to stop at the mall to change a diaper (by himself, and did a pretty good job even though it was put on backwards) and let Reece play at the playland. It was great to see everybody at the shower. I only wish that I would have had more time to visit with everybody. We got very nice gifts and the nursery is now a disaster as we have been busy putting things together and finding the perfect place for everything. Thank you to everybody who made the trip out to Waukee, it was much appreciated!

We will be spending this weekend at the hospital for our "birth preparation classes". They are all day Saturday and part of Sunday. It should be an interesting weekend. This upcoming week I get to go to "breastfeeding class" as Nate heads off to baby CPR class with his dad. We'll be ready for a break from classes by next weekend!

My next Dr's appointment is Wednesday and then I start the weekly visits. After this week I have decided that the baby should come a couple of weeks early. I have now began to waddle through the halls at work due to the pain in my back, and I surely don't want to deal with that pain for another 5 1/2 weeks. I'm sure that the time will go quickly, but I would still be ok if the baby comes early. The extreme tiredness has again set in, and Nate now has a wife whom he finds on the couch every night upon returning home from work (and she doesn't move a lot for the rest of the evening). I'm sure that this is only the beginning of being tired.

Thanks for checking in. We'll give you an update next week! Kristin, Melissa, Marilyn, Grandma, Lisa, Steph, Marj

Mo, Judy, Susan, Linda, Kara, & Leigha
Marj, Steph, & Lisa






No comments:

Post a Comment