Friday, January 22, 2010

Busy week

Nate and I survived our childbirth preparation classes last weekend. The time actually went quite quickly and I think that Nate learned a lot. We took a tour of the birth center during our class. I had been down there before, but standing in the delivery room looking at my large abdomen made everything very real. I won't lie, it made me a little nervous. However, the feelings of excitement and anticipation outweigh the nervousness (and the thought of an epidural is quite calming to me). We are both very excited to meet Baby V in person. The baby classes continued this week as I went to a breastfeeding preparation class on Tuesday (I let Nate stay home this time), and Nate and Bob did their CPR class on Thursday. I think that we're as prepared as we can be.
The girls from work threw us another baby shower on Wednesday. It was so nice to see so many of the girls again. I don't get to see them much since I joined the float pool a year and a half ago. It was so nice of them to go out of their way and do that. It's always fun to get together with this group of women. Nate and I got so many wonderful gifts. Nate was a bit overwhelmed as he looked around the nursery after going through all the gifts that we received. It really is amazing how quickly the nursery has filled up. Thanks girls for all the wonderful gifts, the loving support, and for a wonderful night!
I had my Dr's appointment on Wednesday before the shower. Everything continues to look great. The weekly appointments start next week. The baby is still in great position and I doubt that it will be moving much. My Dr. is estimating that it's about 6 lbs now. The heart rate was 150 this time. I'm looking forward to the day that this baby "drops". It's getting a little more difficult to breath when I sit, as the baby is quite high.
Well I think that's all for now. We'll be busy this weekend with me working my 12 hr. shifts, and Nate working Saturday and reffing on Sunday. I'll definitely be looking forward to a couple of days off next week!

PS-My friend Erin is scheduled to leave for Haiti next Tuesday. She'll be going down for a week to help with relief work. I wish more than anything that I could be joining her, but obviously this is not an option for me. Please keep her and her group in your prayers. Please pray for safety, knowledge, and strength. It will be difficult for them while they are there, but will also be difficult for them to deal with what they saw and experienced when they return home. Thanks!
Erin, I love you and will be constantly thinking about you and wishing I were by your side!

No comments:

Post a Comment