Friday, January 8, 2010

Our little porkchop

It appears that we may have a little porkchop on our hands. I had my Dr.'s appointment yesterday and despite the fact that everybody keeps telling me that I'm not very big (thank you, I take that as a compliment) my Dr. says that I'm actually measuring a bit large. He's estimating that the baby is currently around 5 lbs and estimates a birth weight of around 8 1/2 lbs. I can do 8 1/2 lbs, but I assured him that we don't want the baby to get too big. Neither Nate nor my family is known for having small babies. I asked what the chances were of the baby rotating into the breech position at this point and he said, "that baby deserves a kudos if it can do that, it would be like turning your car around in your garage...with the garage door shut". So, looks like the baby should remain in good position :) The heart rate remains at 160 and everything appears to be going great, 6 1/2 weeks to go.
Nate, Mo, and I are heading to IA this afternoon for our first baby shower. My sister is throwing us one in Des Moines on Sat. It will be great to see family again, as well as friends that I haven't seen for quite some time. We're hoping that the road conditions in southern MN and all of IA improve before we head out at 4 pm. Nate and I encountered enough crappy roads on the way to IA for Christmas. Hoping for a quick and safe trip tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment