Thursday, April 9, 2015

Grant recovers

Our week started off with a bang with Grant having his surgery on Monday morning.  His surgery went well.  I'm very grateful to have his tubes back in.  The surgeon said that both of his ears were filled with thick, infected fluid in spite of him being on antibiotics for the past 6 weeks.  I got called back to recovery to help calm the little guy.  His breathing was a bit "squeaky" and I think that they were concerned about his airway as he got more upset.  As soon as I got him in my arms I started to sing to him and he settled right in and fell back to sleep.  Poor little man!  The staff there was great, and we were home by 3 that afternoon.  He had a great night, and a really good day on Tuesday.  Wednesday was a different story.  He woke up twice in the middle of the night, and woke up screaming from his naps.  When he woke up Wednesday morning he had a temp of 104.1 and crying.  We quickly got his temp down, but he just had a rough day overall.  Today has been better.  I'm hoping that he does well tomorrow, as Nate and I will both be back to work and he'll be at daycare.

Today is a gloomy, rainy day so we decided to make it a pajama and movie day here at home.  It's actually quite nice to just lay low and hang out.  Sometimes I have to remember that one day of movies is ok, and will most likely not rot my children's brains or have any long term effects.

The weather looks nice for Saturday, so we're hoping to make it out for the Gopher spring football game.  The kids are very excited, especially Grant!

Hoping you all have a fabulous weekend!     
Ava has mastered her scooter, and can fly around the neighborhood on it.  Grant has not quite mastered the balance bike yet.  He pretty much walks it down the sidewalk at a snail's pace. 
I was upstairs with Ava a couple of weeks ago and realized that Grant was very quiet so thought I should go and check on him.  I came downstairs to him standing next to the candy opening a peanut butter cup, with wrappers on the floor.  That little turkey!!!
It was a monumental moment on the way home from Easter when the Camry hit 200,000 miles.  What a great car it's been!  We'll see if we make it to 300,000.
Out of all the cars in the pre-op waiting room, Grant wanted to drive the pink one.  He actually wanted Nate and I to drive it, but we couldn't quite fit. 
This was Grant before surgery.  He had no clue what was coming, as he snuggled on my lap watching Frozen with Nemo.
Grant feeling better with his football, juice, and food in recovery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment