Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A beautiful weekend

I was so fortunate to have this past weekend off work, and be able to enjoy some time outside with my family.  The sun was out and the temps were up, and we soaked it all in.  Saturday morning we took the kids to the park near our house.  This is after Grant escaped the house and attempted to walk to the park by himself.  One of the scariest 1 1/2 minutes of my life when I came downstairs and realized that he was not in the house.  I then noticed the garage door open, and went to the garage to get him.  It was then that I noticed that Nate had left the big garage door open since he wouldn't be gone long.  I ran to the front of the house searching the streets and yard and yelling his name.  I got no response.  I ran inside to get my shoes and tell Ava to stay inside.  I then ran to the back of the house, which is where I saw this messy haired little boy in his pjs and snow boots on the wrong feet, walking down the path about 3 houses down.  I ran to him and asked him what he was doing.  His response, "I going to the park".  Duh, where else would he be going besides across the street to the park near the lake?!?  My goodness!!!  We had a little chat about not going outside with mommy or daddy. 

Anyway, we spent the morning at the park, and then down by the lake throwing rocks.  That was obviously Nate's idea...it involved mud.  After nap we packed up and headed to Minneapolis for the Gopher spring game.  Ava enjoyed running up and down the stairs, and eating.  Grant on the other hand Loved playing catch, kicking the ball, and watching the game.  Our little man even made it on TV on the Big Ten Network.  He was in heaven there.  By the time we got home that night, they were both disasters and ready for bed. 

Sunday was another beautiful and low key day.  We went to church that morning, and spent another afternoon at the park with many of our neighbor friends.  We couldn't ask for better neighbors!  Monday morning the kids and I headed to the zoo with some of our neighbor friends.  They enjoyed seeing the baby farm animals.  I think feeding the goats was definitely the highlight though.

Grant continues to recover from his surgery.  He has been good during the daytime hours for a couple of days now.  He still needs his ibuprofen at night, or he wakes up crying.  Poor little man.  That adenoidectomy kicked our butt.  At least the fevers are now gone, and I think that his breath may be improving at least a little bit.  Hopefully we can get back to restful nights where I don't have to get up twice a night with these kiddos. 

Throwing rocks into the lake 
 
Down on the field at the Gopher spring game 
 
Grant, Boppa, & Goldy 
 
Daddy & Grant
Ava (Anna) & Avery (Elsa)

Grant talking to the goat
Grant & Avery feeding the goats
Avery, Cailyn, Grant, & Ava
I seriously laugh every time I see this picture.  Her facial expression cracks me up!



No comments:

Post a Comment