Sunday, March 23, 2014

I can see

I survived last weekend working my 12 hr night shifts.  It was so crazy busy at the hospital that I didn't even have time to get tired.  Ava got to have her sleep over at Mema & Boppa's, which she loved. Grant and Daddy got to join them for the day on Sunday.  Grant must have been having a great time too.  So much fun that he refused to take a nap there.

Tuesday the kids headed to daycare while I volunteered at Ava's preschool for a short bit before heading to Woodbury for my LASIK procedure.  I was surprisingly enough not nervous at all once I got there.  That is until the put the suction cup thing on my eye and started slicing my cornea off.  Yeah, that was definitely my least favorite part.  Other than that and a couple of hours of some discomfort following the procedure it was great.  My vision appears to be a little blurrier today than it was the first day after surgery.  However, I was warned that my vision will wax and wane for at least the next 6 weeks, and up to 6 months.  So, I'm not super concerned.  I get to wear super cool (not) "shields" over my eyes when I sleep so that I don't rub them for a week.  Tomorrow will be my last day of all these eye drops, and then I'll just be down to one eye drop.  I keep thinking that I need to go and take my contacts out.  It's just crazy to think that I can see without them or glasses.  Oh, and I get to start wearing eye make-up again this week.  I've realized that I look REALLY tired without mascara.  Perhaps the no make-up was the worst part of the procedure.  Nonetheless, it was fairly painless, and so worth it!

I had most of the week off to recover from the procedure.  I did head back to work on Friday.  Yesterday morning Nate and I took the kids to the Children's Museum.  We all had a great time (never been there on a Saturday, and probably won't do it again as it was crazy).  Afterwards we went to CandyLand (an old fashioned candy store just down the street from the museum).  Ava loves to go there, and only gets to go with Cyndi or if we bring a special guest to the museum.  Yes, Daddy counts as a special guest since he doesn't usually join us. 

Saturday evening Nate surprised me with a date night.  I don't know if you know this about me or not, but I do not like surprises.  I had already had my afternoon/evening planned out.  So, when I found the note that said be ready by 4:30, it's a date night I sadly enough was not excited.  I tried to be open minded and begged him to tell me where we were going.  I gave him a choice of 3 outfits and he picked out the appropriate one.  Boppa showed up and off we went.  It ended up being a great dinner out.  We tried a new steakhouse that was actually delicious.  It was very nice to get away for just a couple of hours, and we were still home to put the kids to bed.  We had a great time, and the kids had a great time with Boppa.  A huge thanks to Boppa for coming to watch the kids and bringing dinner for them!

We woke up this morning to a very cold house.  I came downstairs to check the thermostat and sure enough, it was 56 degrees in here.  On went the fireplace, robes, sweatshirts, etc.  We were supposed to go shoe shopping for the kids in Albertville this morning (there is a stride-rite outlet).  Instead we hung out here waiting for somebody to shop up to fix the furnace.  They finally arrived at 11:30, put in a temporary part, and we now have heat again.  Thankfully it's still under warranty.  We ended up going to the mall by our house and just paid full price for shoes.  I went in to buy 1 pair for Grant, and left with 4 pair for Grant and 2 pair for Ava.  I hated not getting the outlet prices, but poor Grant was wearing a full size to small.  He couldn't wait anymore. 

So, another weekend gone far to quickly.  Oh, one more big piece of news from Ava...she no longer has rails on her bed.  Ava's big girl bed is officially rail free.  It looks so odd to me...like a real big girl bed.  One more sign that she is growing up to quickly!  
 Ava modeling her new dress
 Grant modeling his "sweat band"
Only our daughter asks to have her picture taken headless manikins as we walk through the store

No comments:

Post a Comment