Friday, March 14, 2014

44 degrees

Yesterday the thermometer hit 44 degrees, the sun was shining, and we hit the walking path. I don't know if 44 degrees ever felt so good (or warm).  .We had ECFE yesterday morning.  After nap we decided to go out and get some fresh air.  I loaded the kids in the double stroller and we hit the walking trail around the lake by our house.  We had to wade through a few small ponds of melted snow along the path (I rung my socks out when we got home), but it felt so good.  I actually ended up with my jacket off because it was so warm.  I can't wait for more days like that.  Once all the ice is gone and puddles are clear we'll get Ava out there on her bike.  We still have piles of snow taller than Ava, but this is a start!

The kids headed off to the Children's Museum this morning with Cyndi.  I'm heading to work this afternoon and get to work my 12 hr night shifts this weekend.  Oh joy!  Ava is looking forward to a sleep over at Mema & Boppa's tomorrow.  That means that G-man and Daddy will get some quality time together. 

Next week will be a week of recovery for me.  Monday I'll spend recovering from my night shifts (as I get off Monday morning).  Tuesday evening I'll be recovering from my Lasik procedure.  Say a little prayer for me that all goes well.  I'm excited, but also a little nervous.  I've been waiting for this for so long, but am really praying that the results are good.  Everybody that I talk to has not regretted doing it.  So, Nate will be on his own Tuesday evening, as I am to sleep that afternoon/evening.  I'll keep you posted on how it goes!
 
Looks like Grant found his nose.
Ava still has a difficult time getting out of some of her shirts.
The newest Victoria's Secret model, modeling her new swimsuit she got for her birthday
A little tea party with my man.

Enjoying our first walk around the lake this year

No comments:

Post a Comment